My touch screen on my galaxy s6 isn't working, how do I fix this?
Victoria9010

My touch screen isn't working on my S6. I can't even restart it

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My touch screen on my galaxy s6 isn't working, how do I fix this?
mama23dogs
Legend

Hold the home and power buttons until it turns off and on again.  If the reboot doesn't fix the problem, Do a battery pull.

0 Likes
Victoria9010

All that does is takes a screen shot....and this phone doesnt have a removable battery

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hold the power and volume down buttons simultaneously for 15-30 seconds and see if that reboots the phone.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Oh my, Victoria9010. I want to make sure you have a working phone. To clarify, is your phone still powered on, just not responding to your touch? Were you able to try the steps tikibar1 provided? If your device is still experiencing issues, I would recommend connecting to the software repair assistant: http://spr.ly/6581fZ6c

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
CV26

I just had this problem occur while having a phone conversation. I have an S6 Edge so hopefully it works that same way with the S6. Hold the Power button and Volume Down button simultaneously for 12 seconds- this is called an Alternative Soft Reset. This will trigger Safe Mode. you can use the Volume Up/Down to navigate options and use the Home button to select. Select Power Down to shut off the phone. Then power on the phone with the side Power button. After the phone boots, hopefully the touchscreen capability is restored. Best of luck!
FYI:
Alternative Soft Reset Samsung Galaxy S 6 / S 6 Edge | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes