My swype keyboard is missing after kitkat upgrade
79TransAM
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Razr Maxx HD upgraded to Kitkat last night and now my swype option for my keyboard is missing. Any one know how to get it back?

Labels (1)
Re: My swype keyboard is missing after kitkat upgrade
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you go into the Language and Keyboard settings and reactivate it? The update might have updated the keyboard which causes the phone to default back to the Google keyboard.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
JLEO5
Enthusiast - Level 1

There is no swype keyboard option under Language and Keyboard settings any longer.  It used to be there before the upgrade.  I have tried all day to find how to get swype (gesture) capability back for texting purposes and have no luck at all.  I don't really want to download a keyboard app.  This is a step backwards since I used to have swype capability with my Droid Razr Maxx HD and now it is gone!!!

Kix
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ditto...

0 Likes
Flawlexx
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue. If I go to input there is only the one option. Any fixes?

flattulator
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm so sremely frustrated! First off didn't wanna update my device after having it 5 years, then I'm forced to, then I learn a new operating software, then they take away the ONE reason I stuck with Motorola, swype integration. I'm done playing this update game. I want a flip phone back. Any solution to this update? Was leaving swype out a mistake? Substitutions? Also, my personal dictionary is gone. What a waste of time.

bee_hutch
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mine is missing as well from my Razr M.  I have spent hours with tech support and they do not seem to know why it is gone. I think Android messed up big time, and I agree... it's a step backwards. Now I have to figure out what phone to switch to because I can't do my personal and business tasks efficiently without the functionality of swype. Epic fail.

mroneguy
Enthusiast - Level 1

My swype is gone,too. Very upset!

landmarkist
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mine was too... so I bought it for four dollars... problem solved... I'm happy again.

WaterLover84
Enthusiast - Level 1

Search "Google Keyboard" in the Play Store, and it has swype functionality. Smiley Happy