My question deals with transferring numbers while you still have a contract.
Boorappa
Enthusiast - Level 1

We want to purchase phones on a different carrier but would like to carry our numbers over. Our contract doesn't end until August but we would like to keep paying for it since there is a sweet promotion going on for the other company. Can I transfer my number over to the new phone while still maintaining the "phone" on the contract with Verizon? There are 5 phones total on the plan but I would just move 2 numbers.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My question deals with transferring numbers while you still have a contract.
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The contract is for 24 months of service, in lieu of the equipment subsidy paid by VZW for the phone you now have.  If you move a line (number) to another carrier, you will terminate the service agreement you signed for that line with Verizon and will be charged the ETF.  To avoid the ETF, you need to keep the number active with Verizon service until contract ends.

View solution in original post

Re: My question deals with transferring numbers while you still have a contract.
Snn5
Legend

No, you cannot port your number.  If you do, you will have terminated your agreement and subject to penalties.  And, how is it a sweet deal to pay for 2 service bills for each ported line?

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The contract is for 24 months of service, in lieu of the equipment subsidy paid by VZW for the phone you now have.  If you move a line (number) to another carrier, you will terminate the service agreement you signed for that line with Verizon and will be charged the ETF.  To avoid the ETF, you need to keep the number active with Verizon service until contract ends.

Boorappa
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks!

Snn5
Legend

You are welcome!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We don't want to see you go,Boorappa. We would love to see what sweet deals we have to offer you right here.
As the community mentioned, you will not be able to port your number over to get a new phone with a new provider. When you port the number, it would cancel the line of service which would result in an early termination fee.
Please look for a direct message from me so I can get more information from you.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes