My phone won't turn on! Stratosphere
J1217M

THis is probably the worst phone I've ever had... but until I get a rebate or whatnot, I'm not in the market to buy a new one... BUT my advice, DON'T BUY THIS PHONE! 

Anyway....  Now my screen is just flashing Samsung.  My phone won't turn on at all. The battery when charging indicates it is 80% at least but the phone won't even turn on long enough for me to do any of the hard reboot tricks. (This happened last week, as well...  I removed apps through Google Play store, and it started working again, I was hoping this was related, but I've tried this same thing today, with no sucess.) 

UGH... Calgon take me away.  Could someone please offer any suggestions? 

Thanks! 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My phone won't turn on! Stratosphere
4G4Me

I'm having the same problem with a Droid Charge.  I haven't tried going to the Play Store on line though..

The Charge just keeps cycling wiht the droid reboot eye thing over and over. 

Somebody has to know how to fix it!!  PLEASE!

0 Likes
maralici

Im having the same problem, I have a new Samsung galaxy

0 Likes
DeusEx

Same here, my Stratosphere started not being able to turn on tonight, flashing the Samsung logo.  Someone, Verizon technical service, anyone please help!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want you to be able to enjoy your phone J1217M! I do hope that you've been able to get your phone working since your original post. Since you confirmed the phone has a decent charge, it may just be the residual effects of one of the applications you mentioned continuing to cause trouble if it has continued. With the flashing you're describing, it's a little trickier to get to the reset, but not impossible. If you can, power down your phone so it's not flashing anymore. If you can't do this by using your power button, you can take out your battery and put it back in and then try the steps found at http://bit.ly/A8ykLa for an alternate master reset.

@4G4Me, here's how to do that reset with your Charge: http://bit.ly/uoasU7

@maralici, here's the steps for the Samsung Galaxy S3 reset: http://bit.ly/LfV00q

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Barryhenn
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just began having problem with my Strato a few weeks ago.  Would shut down in middle of use but I could always restart.

Now it won't turn on.  Sometimes I get Samsung across the screen but then it goes blank.  Once in a while it will act like it is booting up but then shuts down.

Contract is up Aug 25 2013 so there is no way i am paying full price to get another phone.

Dealer wasn't to encouraging when i called but i may go in tomorrow.

0 Likes
DeJuanNOnley

>>Duplicate post removed for cross-posting violation of the

See <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes