My phone says storage full - I delete and it is still full
Burmese56
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone says storage full and I have deleted nearly everything I have on it - pictures, apps, etc.  I reboot after I delete things but I have less available storage than before I deleted anything.  I cannot text because of no available storage.   

Labels (1)
Re: My phone says storage full - I delete and it is still full
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

For which phone model?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Burmese56
Enthusiast - Level 2

LG Lucid

0 Likes
garyVestal
Contributor - Level 1

Do you know how to clear app Cache? Go Browser-settings-clear browser cache and histtory Go Application Manger, Choose Apps to clear cache data for each of the App Do you have facebook APP on or Any 3rd pary game app on your phone? Some APP loads lots of photos from remote server and stored onto your Phone's Storage. Also, please try to use a new SD card.

0 Likes
Burmese56
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have cleared the cache on all the apps.  Deleted all but 1 app that I downloaded.  Would like to delete "Plants vs Zombies" and "Let's golf" but I can't.  Don't have Facebook app.  All the storage is tied up on "System Storage".  I can't delete functions that I don't use from there, either.   It seems that every time I deete things, I wind up with less storage than I started with

0 Likes
Burmese56
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is it possible to get a larger system SD card? 

0 Likes
garyVestal
Contributor - Level 1

please go settings->storage, take a screenshot and paste it here. I am really curious about the issue,

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Which storage is full? Your phone has 3 different storage blocks on it.

First is a protected storage partition where the Operating system and all that is part of it resides. you can only clean this by removing apps.

The second is the internal storage where pictures etc... are stored (almost like an internal SD card)

and the third is your SD card itself.

Try moving pictures from the internal Storage to the SD card and see if it frees up space.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The original LG Lucid had an 8 GB internal memory with only 1.5 GB usable for applications installation.

I would suggest checking which of the applications are the largest. Clear the cache for any of applications. Sometimes the text message storage can get large because of the number of MMS messages the user has in their conversation threads.

I don't recall if the phone was ever updated to ICS from the original Gingerbread OS it shipped with. The ICS operating system would allow the pre-installed apps to be disabled, but it won't increase the available space in the internal memory.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Burmese56,

Great question! The LG Lucid supports up to a 32GB microSd card. You can purchase a new SD card to help free up memory space on your phone.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes