My phone kept going to its default settings and then it shut off by its self and when it came back on it loaded to the last stage of turning on and stopped. i have done the rebute thing with the power and volume down and it keeps stopping in the same plac
Hailey_hailey

I need help, its hard to explain the screen its stuck on but if you have a droid razor it has a starting up thing it goes threw and in the end its like doors close and there is a red light in the middle and electricity goes around, that's were my phone is stuck and i have rebooted it and it just keeps stopping there.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My phone kept going to its default settings and then it shut off by its self and when it came back on it loaded to the last stage of turning on and stopped. i have done the rebute thing with the power and volume down and it keeps stopping in the same
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

From what your posting if I understand, I think your phone is doing what is called "boot looping" . If that is the case there is very little that you can do to save the phone.  Smiley Sad   It would require a re-flash of your OS and a complete reinstall of all of your information on the phone. I think for you at this time you may need to consider another phone purchase. Sorry for your problem.  Hope all will work out for you.   Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Re: My phone kept going to its default settings and then it shut off by its self and when it came back on it loaded to the last stage of turning on and stopped. i have done the rebute thing with the power and volume down and it keeps stopping in the same
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Which phone do you have?  You have 2 options to try on it to see if you can save the phone.

1) do a Cache Wipe This is very simple and you will lose NO data at all

2) FDR in which case you will need to reinstall all of your apps and data etc....

Before you do this though have you run your phone in safe mode?  Safe mode loads only the core operating system and none of the installed apps on your phone so the suggestion is to run in safe mode for a few hours or so and see if it does it. If it still does it proceed with steps 1 and 2 above. If it does not do it, then you need to look to an installed app. the easiest way is to list all of them you have or use Android Assistant to make a backup of all of them.  Then remove all of the apps and start reinstalling them one at a time until it starts up again, then you delete the last app you installed.

If that and the above do not work, you have little option left but to replace the device. If it is a Samsung, you can take it to a Best Buy and have the Samsung rep re flash the phone and see if that helps but this is a very last resort as usually the above steps will resolve the issue.

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

To try and fix boot looping:

1. First of all remove the battery from your phone or tablet, and wait for almost 2 to 3 minutes. What if your device does not have removable battery? Well, then you can power off it for almost 4 to 5 minutes.
  2. Now you need to boot into Stock Recovery Mode by Pressing and Holding the Volume Up+Home+Power buttons at the same time for a few seconds until you see the Android System Recovery menu on your screen.
  3. You’ll be using the Volume Up/Down to switch between different options and Power button to select your desire option.
  4. Now select the Wipe data/Factory Reset option and confirm it.
  5. Additionally, take also the following actions:

Wipe cache partition
Go to Advance and Wipe dalvick cache
Now Go back to the main Recovery menu and Select the option Reboot System .

0 Likes