My phone is stuck on Firmware Update
boleyman

I cannot turn my phone on or off, it continues to state Firmware Update:  Do not unplug the USB connection until the process is complete but I never had it connected to USP cord?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My phone is stuck on Firmware Update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

boleyman,

Yikes! I know that this would bug me just the same and we want to get your device back up and running for you. For starters, what model of device are we working with today? Most Androids will reset by holding the power button at the same time as the volume down key for about 15-20 seconds. Give this a try to see if the device responds and keep us posted. Have there been any recent changes since this started? New apps or software updates?

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
don908

I had the same problem, but pressing the "Down Volume" and power button at the same time restarted the phone.  Everything seems OK now.

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're glad to read that this restart fixed your device, don908. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

PedroM_VZW

0 Likes