My phone is held hostage by NFL Mobile
l_douglas
Enthusiast - Level 1

I want to 'completely' remove NFL mobile as I haven't followed pro football for over 20 years.  I have disabled it but I don't want it on my phone at all.  From research, it seems to be a 'fixed' application by Verizon that can only be removed if you root the phone.  If so, I feel violated that 'my' phone that I paid $900 for and pay a 'premium' for Verizon service that Verizon would 'force' me to have certain applications on 'my' phone.  Verizon didn't pay the $900, I did!

So can someone tell me how I can 'completely' remove this application as well as any other 'fixed' applications without having to root the phone which would void the warranty.

An unhappy customer! Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My phone is held hostage by NFL Mobile
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi LuckDouglas,

Let me help you with NFL Mobile. I apologize for the issue about not being able to remove the app from the device. However, the app was a trial offer that should've presented information about unsubribing after the trial offer was expired. To confirm, which device are you using? Do you have access to My Verizon Mobile as the primary account holder? If so, sign into it, select "change features, then select NFL Mobile Premium from the list and select effective date to remove the subscription. 

EdwinW_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
arod412
Enthusiast - Level 3

hello Verizon wireless tech support.

LukeDouglas isn't asking about unsubscribing from the app. He\she wants to REMOVE the app from the phone.

Unsubscribing doesn't help. Google play will continue to update it, and the program will still be listed\installed due to update. Disabling the app doesn't help because it will enable it, once you restart your phone.

Any thoughts\suggestion on removing the program from it's entirely from application manager?

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

It cannot be done. It is one of the applications that Verizon puts on the phone as they get paid to do so which is what is used to subsidize the phone for those buying it at a contract rate.  Unfortunately Verizon feels that if you disable the app you should be good with it still taking up space on your device.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

On my G2, NFL is disabled and does not re-enable ever.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good evening! My apologies for any aggravation this may have caused! That is never our intent. We are always here to provide our customers with world class experiences! NFL Mobile is a pre-installed app on most Droids. However, there is a way that you can go to Applications and force stop it, and even disable it. What make/model phone do you have please? I'll provide the instructions for you. Thanks in advance!

KristieQ_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes