My messaging app doesn't work after the new update today. I tried to force stop it, clear the data, restart it and nothing. It gives me an error of "Could Not Send". I also removed my SIM card and put it back in, nothing. Any other suggestions? I can't re
julio208
Enthusiast - Level 1

My messaging app doesn't work after the new update today. I tried to force stop it, clear the data, restart it and nothing. It gives me an error of "Could Not Send". I also removed my SIM card and put it back in, nothing. Any other suggestions? I can't receive or send texts.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My messaging app doesn't work after the new update today. I tried to force stop it, clear the data, restart it and nothing. It gives me an error of "Could Not Send". I also removed my SIM card and put it back in, nothing. Any other suggestions? I can'
Strumph
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just did the reset (Settings/Backup & Reset/Factory data reset) and it's working now for me! Now to get everything back to the way I like them.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: My messaging app doesn't work after the new update today. I tried to force stop it, clear the data, restart it and nothing. It gives me an error of "Could Not Send". I also removed my SIM card and put it back in, nothing. Any other suggestions? I can'
BearAspirin
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm in the same boat, you beat me to pulling the SIM card. I tried installing a separate SMS app (Google Messenger) and it's not working either so I don't think it's the app itself. It would be nice if there was a way to fix this without having to do a factory reset.

TRMALL
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having the same problem.   Hopefully Verizon gets it resolved soon.

AgentAnderson
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue here with the Z3v. I even went through each step on their troubleshooting guide with no luck whatsoever.

AgentAnderson
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just got done with an hour long chat with tech support. Last resort was to reset the phone to factory default. It sucked but I am able to text again.

Good luck to everyone else.

BearAspirin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yup I did it too and it's working again...that's dumb as hell

mikeymike69
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too have the z3v and updated it last night and cannot send or receive text messages.  I chatted with verizon and the lady said trouble with the tower in my area nw Tn my area.  But everything else works fine just not the messaging app. So it seems more of a software issue than a tower problem.  Either way it sux

Bdagdag
Enthusiast - Level 1

I updated last night and have the same problem here... no incoming or outgoing messaging with the sony apps. WhatsApp does work though. My sister has the same phone and updated this AM and immediately is having the same issues. We both have the OG Z3 about a year old. I guess we have to 'gulp,'...like... call people now. lol  Either way this is an epic fail.

julio208
Enthusiast - Level 1

Oh wow, so factory reset is the answer then? Did you have to back up all your stuff prior to doing that? I hope it's not time consuming, if I would've known the issues with this damn update I wouldn't have done it. Lame, I appreciate your response though!

0 Likes
Strumph
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just did the reset (Settings/Backup & Reset/Factory data reset) and it's working now for me! Now to get everything back to the way I like them.

0 Likes