Highlighted

My friend does not recieve my text messages even sitting next to each other?

LabonteWeaver

My friend does not recieve my text messages even sitting next to each other? I receive theirs. I have Verizon, they have AT&T. We are not blocked on each others phones. We both have 5 bar reception. We both have deleted our contacts and re-inputted. We have both removed and reinstalled our batteries. My text reads SENT and the delivery receipt reads; REQUESTED. Please help...thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: My friend does not recieve my text messages even sitting next to each other?

MiiHere
Leader

Your friend should delete their cache and data within whatever texting app they want to use.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Re: My friend does not recieve my text messages even sitting next to each other?

MiiHere
Leader

Did either of you recently make any changes to your accounts? Switch carriers? Phone numbers? What text messaging service are you using?

0 Likes
Highlighted

LabonteWeaver

We have both had the same service and number for the last few years. I have downloaded a few different texting apps and sent some test messages without any luck. They have not tried other texting apps. Since I get their text and they don't receive mine...which end do you think is the problem?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

ChristinaM_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

MiiHere
Leader

The best way to find out is to each send texts to other people and see what happens. Try sending them to the same person.

0 Likes
Highlighted

LabonteWeaver

As mentioned we both have galaxy S5 phones but we use different services (Verizon and AT&T). I have tried every free texting app available in the app store, plus the texting app that came with my Verizon service. I will try whatever you recommend.

0 Likes
Highlighted

LabonteWeaver

This is the only person that I know of that is not receiving my texts.

0 Likes

greengrass95
Novice

When you chg text apps, the notification gets turned off by default when you disable the app . You have to turn them back on.

1: go to settings

2: sound and notifications

3:  application notification

Then go down the list of apps and find your app and click on it. And uncheck the box if it's checked.

0 Likes
Highlighted

LabonteWeaver

I clicked on the messaging app and the "Block" and "Priority" were already set to off. I don't see anything checked. This app works fine texting other people...just not my AT&T friend.

0 Likes
Highlighted

greengrass95
Novice

He needs to switch to Verizon.  That's his solution.

0 Likes