My friend does not recieve my text messages even sitting next to each other?
LabonteWeaver
Enthusiast - Level 1

My friend does not recieve my text messages even sitting next to each other? I receive theirs. I have Verizon, they have AT&T. We are not blocked on each others phones. We both have 5 bar reception. We both have deleted our contacts and re-inputted. We have both removed and reinstalled our batteries. My text reads SENT and the delivery receipt reads; REQUESTED. Please help...thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My friend does not recieve my text messages even sitting next to each other?
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Your friend should delete their cache and data within whatever texting app they want to use.

View solution in original post

Re: My friend does not recieve my text messages even sitting next to each other?
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Did either of you recently make any changes to your accounts? Switch carriers? Phone numbers? What text messaging service are you using?

0 Likes
LabonteWeaver
Enthusiast - Level 1

We have both had the same service and number for the last few years. I have downloaded a few different texting apps and sent some test messages without any luck. They have not tried other texting apps. Since I get their text and they don't receive mine...which end do you think is the problem?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ChristinaM_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

The best way to find out is to each send texts to other people and see what happens. Try sending them to the same person.

0 Likes
LabonteWeaver
Enthusiast - Level 1

As mentioned we both have galaxy S5 phones but we use different services (Verizon and AT&T). I have tried every free texting app available in the app store, plus the texting app that came with my Verizon service. I will try whatever you recommend.

0 Likes
LabonteWeaver
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is the only person that I know of that is not receiving my texts.

0 Likes
greengrass95
Contributor - Level 2

When you chg text apps, the notification gets turned off by default when you disable the app . You have to turn them back on.

1: go to settings

2: sound and notifications

3:  application notification

Then go down the list of apps and find your app and click on it. And uncheck the box if it's checked.

0 Likes
LabonteWeaver
Enthusiast - Level 1

I clicked on the messaging app and the "Block" and "Priority" were already set to off. I don't see anything checked. This app works fine texting other people...just not my AT&T friend.

0 Likes
greengrass95
Contributor - Level 2

He needs to switch to Verizon.  That's his solution.

0 Likes