My email stopped coming to my phone mid-day yesterday and I hadn't changed a thing!!!!!
gardeningpeggy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I keep getting a "can't sign in" message due to password violation - have never had to sign in before this and password has never changed!!!!!

@

Labels (1)
Re: My email stopped coming to my phone mid-day yesterday and I hadn't changed a thing!!!!!
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi, gardeningpeggy

I would simply delete the email account from your device and then set it back up.  Sounds like something in the settings might have gotten messed up. 

Doc

Re: My email stopped coming to my phone mid-day yesterday and I hadn't changed a thing!!!!!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

For which phone model? Some older phone models no longer support the email application pre-installed on the phone. Mobile Email App on Older Devices Discontinued on 3/28/14 | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
gardeningpeggy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have tried several times now - but "delete" is not an option - just "remove"

which has not worked! Guess I'll have to hit the Verizon store

tomorrow...grrrrrrrr...but thanks!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I don't if you've tried this or not but have you tried shutting off the phone Like running  a power cycle,  doing something as easy as that will get things refreshed in the phone to were like your Email could start working again.. It also helps Mam if you tell us what phone you currently have that way we can try an diagnose the issue a little bit better.Smiley Happy b33

0 Likes
gardeningpeggy
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's a Droid - that's why I posted in the Droid site - have tried the power

off/on thing - didn't work - have also tried to delete existing email acct

to reestablish - would not let me do that either! Thank for your input -

guess I'll have to pester some poor soul at the Verizon store tomorrow...

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Ok sorry we couldn't Help have good evening.. b33

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

A DROID? Which DROID? There have been at least 12 DROID branded models since 2009.

Have you tried clearing the data from the email application? That will remove the email account even if the delete option isn't available. The nuclear option is a full factory reset.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gardeningpeggy, We understand how important it is to get your emal account to work properly. What type of email account is it? If it is the primary Gmail account, the only way to delete it is by a master reset. Please let us know which email account it is and what exact Droid device you are using. Also, you can use the troubleshooting link for basic tips. Select your exact device and choose the email option. Please keep us posted. http://vz.to/12TLCsR

sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport