My droid Maxx is no longer connecting to my home wifi network.
Chicagoburdman

My droid Maxx is no longer connecting to my home wifi network. The wifi manager is constantly shifting networks and my home network only occasionally shows up. When it does show up and I select it, it simply says "Saved, Secured with WPA/Wpa2 PSK" OR "Disabled." I've spent the past two weeks web searching and trying to solve the problem.

I have found and tried the following suggestions to no avail:

1. Hard resetting the device.

2. Disabling Bluetooth

3. Forgetting the network on my device, connecting, and retyping the password.

4. Power cycling my wireless router.

5. Factory resetting my device.

6. Attempted to update router firmware (firmware was up to date).

My device connects to other networks I have encountered but recently the same issue has occurred at my workplace. I am now constantly pushing my data limit because the two places I spend the majority of my time are spent on my data instead of wifi. Please advice.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My droid Maxx is no longer connecting to my home wifi network.
MikeyWade
Contributor - Level 3

Do you have any issues connecting to other wifi networks?  Also do you have any other devices to connect your wifi network?

0 Likes
Chicagoburdman

I haven't had any issues with other networks except at home and work. My household has a PC, 3 Macs, 1 iPhone, and 4 other android devices that connect with zero issue.

0 Likes
MikeyWade
Contributor - Level 3

It may be time to talk to verizon customer service to do some troubleshooting.  Are you within your 1 year warranty?

0 Likes
Chicagoburdman

I acquired the phone in Feb 2014 so my warranty should still stand.

0 Likes
MikeyWade
Contributor - Level 3

Good.  Call them at 1-800-922-0204 from a phone that's not yours so they can begin troubleshooting.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get your WiFi working, Chicagoburdman! When you open your WiFi, please select your home network, select Forget. Then restart your phone, and try to connect again.

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
rakienitz

I have similar issues exc

0 Likes
rakienitz

I have the same issue except my phone won't connect to any wifi network everytime i click Connect that network disappears off my phone then will cycle back and show that it's safe and secure click Connect it disappears forgot every network restarted my phone retype the password disappears off with my phone.

0 Likes