My camera on my NEW Droid doesn't work
beccal82

I just got the Droid yesterday and I can not get the camera to work.  Sometimes the app will open but where there should be a picture of whatever you are pointing the camera lens at, there isn't.  Its just a black screen.  I can't take any pictures.  I have tried the system reset and all kinds of things.  Half the time the camera app won't even open.  Does anyone know a way to fix this?  I really hate to have to have to send this back.  I would take it to a verizon store to have them look at it, but thats over an hour away!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My camera on my NEW Droid doesn't work
PPC_Dude
Contributor - Level 2

beccal82 wrote:

I just got the Droid yesterday and I can not get the camera to work.  Sometimes the app will open but where there should be a picture of whatever you are pointing the camera lens at, there isn't.  Its just a black screen.  I can't take any pictures.  I have tried the system reset and all kinds of things.  Half the time the camera app won't even open.  Does anyone know a way to fix this?  I really hate to have to have to send this back.  I would take it to a verizon store to have them look at it, but thats over an hour away!

Don't hate me, but did you remove the little piece of plastic that was over the camera lens and are you sure you're not holding your finger over it?  I assume that you have done this, but I had to ask.

If it's neither of those things, and you are having problems just getting the camera app to open, then I think you should plan that long trip.  Especially if you've already done a factory reset.  It sounds like a hardware problem.

0 Likes