My camera is not working. either opens and immediately freezes or opens with a black screen and message state "Camera Error" Please restart camera.
karmor444
Enthusiast - Level 2

My camera on my Droid Motorola Razor NOT WORKING AT ALL.   When I press camera icon I either get a black screen with an error message or I see the objects in the lens and it immediately freezes.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My camera is not working. either opens and immediately freezes or opens with a black screen and message state "Camera Error" Please restart camera.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a working camera on your phone is crucial in order to take pictures of precious memories Karmor444. When did you start experiencing difficulties with the camera on your phone? Did you recently install any new third pary apps or new software on your phone? Any physical or water damage to your phone?

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: My camera is not working. either opens and immediately freezes or opens with a black screen and message state "Camera Error" Please restart camera.
karmor444
Enthusiast - Level 2

No new apps, no damage. Did a factory reset. Want working at all and then yesterday it worked for quite a few photos but not today.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you trying those steps karmor444. It's always imporatnt to try out these when needed. To clarify, are you getting any type of error message at all?

ErinW_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
karmor444
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sometimes I get a message that says camera error. Restart camera (something like that)

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Karmor444, I use my camera all the time with my device. So, I would be very lost if my camera stopped working. I appreciate all the steps that you have completed already on your own. I'd like to try to clear the camera app cache. Take a look at this link: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-58116/ this will provide you with the steps on how to clear the app cache. Once this has been completed, please power cycle your device and re-try your camera application. Looking forward to hearing back from you.

KevinR_VZW

0 Likes
karmor444
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did all of the below, I think I was able to take a few photos but now back to a black screen.

Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
karmor444
Enthusiast - Level 2

Purchased my phone 10/28/14, its not even a year old.  What can I do?    I am also having some issues with phone not always find wireless network and/or syncing to a wireless network.  It's sporadic.

Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Karmor444, thank you so much for completing those steps for us. I wish there was a better out come with it though. Does your device have any kind of physical or liquid damage?
KevinR_VZW

0 Likes