My Samsung SIII updated Saturday (62814), and I now cannot receive my home email on it.
Frustrated_in_Ohio

My Samsung SIII updated Saturday (6/28/14), and I now cannot receive my home email on it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My Samsung SIII updated Saturday (62814), and I now cannot receive my home email on it.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's resolve this Frustrated_in_Ohio! Have you tried removing the email account and re-adding it? If not, please do so and share. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: My Samsung SIII updated Saturday (62814), and I now cannot receive my home email on it.
Frustrated_in_Ohio

I ended up doing just that and all is well again.

Email works fine again.

Thank you

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes
jcl234

My email is no longer working either. I deleted the account, added again, and still nothing. I can send out from it, but receive nothing. Any ideas?

0 Likes
newscmom
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey I had the same problem.  Deleted my account and re-added it and now it works.  Lost the emails I wanted to have access to on my phone though.  What a pain!

0 Likes
sporteny

I'm having the same problem. Tried various google solutions, as well as deleting my account but now it won't even let me add it back on. REALLY trying to avoid doing a factory re-set but don't know what else to do!

0 Likes
jcl234

I tried a few different email apps to see if I could do an end-around, and the K-9 mail app worked. I can send and receive just fine. The regular mail app that comes with the phone doesn’t work (and now I’ve lost all my emails because I deleted and re-added my account). Also tried MyMail app and it didn’t work.

No idea why this is the way it is, just wish I hadn’t updated the phone this morning.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Happy to hear that did the trick, Frustrated_in_Ohio. If you ever need us, we are here to help!

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi jcl234!

Sorry to learn that you're not receiving emails. Let's check out the email settings, since you can send. What is your push notification set to? What type of email is it? If the server is throughy your employer, you may need the IT department to step in. Please provide some additional information so we can find you a resolution. Thanks!

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jcl234

It’s pop email with the same settings it always had. As I mentioned, it works on a different app, as well as on the desktop and laptop. Where would I find the push notification setting?

thanks,

0 Likes