My Samsung Note 3 - over a year old now - quit receiving Wi-Fi about a week ago. Networks show as Saved/Secured, but when I try to connect it changes to Turned Off.
Gloria1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Networks show as Saved/Secured, but when I try to connect it changes to Turned Off.  I've been using these Wi-Fi networks for the entire 1-1/2 yrs that I've had this phone.  It's only been this past week that I have not been able to connect to Wi-Fi at all.

My other devices - 2 computers, 1 chromebook, 3 tablets, all connect perfectly to the Wi-Fi networks. It's only the phone that will no longer connect.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My Samsung Note 3 - over a year old now - quit receiving Wi-Fi about a week ago. Networks show as Saved/Secured, but when I try to connect it changes to Turned Off.
Gloria1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I figured it out - but totally not anything I had expected.  I have a range extender for the Wi-Fi in the house.  I checked my husband's phone and his iPhone was only showing 2 of our 6 available channels on the router - but he was able to connect to just one of them.  I re-set the range extender and now my phone is picking up all of the available Wi-Fi channels in the house.  Working great!  I just re-set the range extender on a hunch - all of the lights were on and it looked like it was working.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: My Samsung Note 3 - over a year old now - quit receiving Wi-Fi about a week ago. Networks show as Saved/Secured, but when I try to connect it changes to Turned Off.
Gloria1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I figured it out - but totally not anything I had expected.  I have a range extender for the Wi-Fi in the house.  I checked my husband's phone and his iPhone was only showing 2 of our 6 available channels on the router - but he was able to connect to just one of them.  I re-set the range extender and now my phone is picking up all of the available Wi-Fi channels in the house.  Working great!  I just re-set the range extender on a hunch - all of the lights were on and it looked like it was working.

0 Likes