Re: My Razr has "loss of data connection" problem -- really disappointed
B33
Legend

Shut your Razr off then pull the Sim out leave it out for a minute an then Reinstall it when doing this make sure that you do not Touch the Gold area of the Sim in doing so can damage it from static Electricity from your fingers. But give that a try an see if the Network comes back. If not you may have to get a new Sim.

0 Likes
openvpn9000

Just got off the phone with vzw level 2 tech and she said that this was a common problem since the outage last year, and the fix is to order a new sim card from vzw.  She is shipping to my office, will follow up and let you know know if that does the trick or not.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well that's good. Hopefully it does.. And i am learning new things everyday with these new little 4G dudes as well like when i was in a good 4G area the phone doesn't always stay on 4G it likes to flip back N fourth from the Two. An were we live there is only 3G so i don't get the pleasure of the 4G as of yet but my Wi-Fi is a good. B33

0 Likes
openvpn9000

FIXED!!  New SIM card arrived yesterday and that fixed my data connection issue. Not sure if it was just me or not, but the activation process was very painful - took over an hour, had to format my phone, and upgrade to version 2.3.6 in order to activate!  Wish they still let us use *228.......

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Updated an Changed By B33: at 5:21pm

( On the *228 You don't have to use this feature any longer as your Sim Card will update the phone an it's P.R.L. Some 4G phones have this feature locked out an i 've heard doing a *228 can ruin the phone so i would let the phone do it's updating on it's own.)..B33

0 Likes
Grim2

I went through this process as well.  It only took about 30 minutes.  The downside is that the fix only lasted about 4 days.  I still have the data connection problem.

0 Likes
chalupa1183

Just got my second bionic today after struggling with connection issues for 10 days. The store employee assured the new phone would be fine. Now after four hours, I still cannot get any connection. I have had it with the bionic and am almost to the point of switching carriers. We have been Verizon customers for 10+ years and have never had issues like this. No one seems to have answers why there are issues all over the country. I have wasted so many hours over the last two weeks, not to speak of the gas running to and from the store.

0 Likes
chriscomfort

I'm really glad I can across this thread.  I got a new Razr Maxx 2 weeks ago and am having the same problems as described above.  Particularly with Facebook, Google Play (Market) and also launching web links from inside the email app (Yahoo account).  I am already on my second SIM card and still the same stuff.  The girl at the store, although very polite, made no indication that this has been an ongoing problem with 4G phones.  The Razr Maxx is a great 3G phone with excellent battery life and that huge screen, but honestly, the 4G LTE service was the deciding factor NOT to get the iPhone 4s when my Incredible started its downward spiral. 

Waiting the 2 minutes or so for the 4G LTE network to re-awaken isn't the worst thing ever, but it is kinda pathetic.  The worst part of it is that I've lost at least 4 text messages, that I know of, in the past week due to bad timing with the loss of signal.  And I rely on text messaging for work.  That IS a deal breaker for me.  I'm really not sure what to do at this point.  But I am glad that the users on here took the time to describe their issues in detail.  At least I know I'm not crazy. 

0 Likes
B33
Legend

The Market has Been Haven it's Issues Since being Switched to the Play Store an when it Goes Down it Affects all Carriers not Just Verizon. As for the 4G it's going to be Hit & Miss even though they have it in your Area 3G was like this when they were Building it over the Networks but whats so bad Now is that Just about Every Body has a Smart Phone Back when 3G was Starting out there were just a Few feature Phones an they did not put a Demand on the System like our phones are Now. So you gotta roll with the Thunder it's not going to be great every single Minute but it will get better just as the 3G did back in the Day an as it's doing still Today.. B33  

chriscomfort

So just an update.  After 2 brand new SIM cards and a full reset of my original Razr Maxx, I was still having the same problem.  I went back to the Verizon store (lower 5th Avenue NYC) and they said the next step was to get a replacement directly from Motorola.  I was a little leery of this only because I figured they'd send me a certified pre-owned to replace my brand new phone.  They overnighted it, but since it was ordered on a Sunday, the phone didn't arrive till Tuesday.  I was correct in assuming that it would be certified pre-owned.  And I said something to them about this when I went back to the store to have it activated. 

But I will have to tell you, this fixed EVERYTHING.  My replacement phone works perfectly.  Certainly much better than the "brand new" Razr Maxx I had initially.  Now I have none of the problems with 4G LTE failures or dropouts or "Loss of connection" or any of that other stuff.  Regardless of using Google Market/Play or Facebook or whatever.  And I can switch back and forth to CDMA Only if I want to conserve battery life.  I've had the replacement for 5 days now and I've been putting it through its paces with no issues.  Now I can say, with confidence, that this phone kicks serious a$$. 

0 Likes