My Razr has "loss of data connection" problem -- really disappointed
ickim

I have data connection problem.
I got razr yesterday. Surely I could see it has better reception than DX or Bionic in my home. But, Today (11/11), I can't even count how many times "loss of data connection" happened. It seems to me that this is nothing to do with signal reception strength. Even in 4 or 5 signal bar (4g LTE), suddenly data connection was lost. (indoor, outdoor same)
Of course within a minute, data connection was restored.
More details are like this; 1) Market search or internet surfing is suddenly not working --> 2) "loss of data connection" pop up --> 3) all signal bars disappear --> 4) after seconds, white signal bars (full strength) appear --> 5) blue 3g signal bars --> 6) blue 4g LTE signal --> 7) internet is working again.

It is really annoying. I am not sure it is only my Razr problem or it would become common problem. I am going to replace it with another Razr or with coming Rezound or Galaxy Nexus.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My Razr has "loss of data connection" problem -- really disappointed
coptzr
Enthusiast - Level 1

the bionic is the same way

B33
Legend

For a while earlier yesterday there was a 4G Data outage do to so many many people getting the Razr it pute a strain then shut down the service as i was told when talking to a Teck. i asked her if everything was running smoothly an she said it was for a while then it went down on them So that might be what caused your Razr not to connect if you were using 4 if you was on 3G they might have been working on the towers in your Area But i would say if your Razr still gives you Trouble Don't waite too long to return as you only have 14 days. B33

P.S. As not to try to spook any one or such out of buying a Razr:  i watched on Android Central un boxing of the New Razr an it did'nt go to well for the ones doing the un-boxing as the Razr had an issue with it's screen So they said they were going to return it as soon as it was re-boxed up. I'm hoping this is'nt a down ward spiral for the Razr. but all new phones i guess can have Hicupps.

Here's a link to that Unboxing: 

http://www.androidcentral.com/droid-razr-unboxing-gods-are-not-pleased  

0 Likes
gtojudge24
No ur not the only one. But my guess is that there will be some updated stuff in the very near future. I do like this phone though. Just gotta give it time for the error reports to hit there desk. Lol. That's the downfall to getting sucked in to the new phone mode. But like my Droid made it thru the ups and Downs.
0 Likes
furyzin

For the record. I went to Best Buy yesterday and asked if I could check out the Razr and they unboxed a new one right there in front of me and it went smooth, without a hitch. Beautiful phone with a brilliant display. Night and day difference with my Droid X side by side.

0 Likes
ccsean78
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same thing happened to me. Got mine yesterday, worked fine in the store, but when I got it home kept getting lost data connections. Only mine would last for 5 to 10 minutes each time. For me it seems like I have a spotty 4g connection in my area and it kept toggling between 3 and 4g, which it does not do quickly. Tech support suggested to switch to a 3g only connection until I get a better 4g connection. It has worked fine so far, no more lost data connections. The phone is still really fast even on 3g.

ekloot

I occasionally see the same thing happening to me...and I have a samsung stratosphere...and that has a whole different 4g LTE radio compared to the motorola phones.  For me, it might happen once or twice a day at the most...sometimes it's completely fine and stays on 4g for a day or two without any problems.  Usually when it happens, my 4g connection just drops and I'll have no data for sometimes up to a minute and then it will usually connect to 3g for 5 or 10 minutes and then eventually return to 4g.  Sometimes the 4g just drops for about 30 seconds and then it returns to 4g immediately.  My guess is that it's something with the network because these exact same things seem to happen on pretty much all the 4g phones.  Hopefully it will get better as the 4g network matures?  Who knows. 

0 Likes
TheSteelman
Enthusiast - Level 2
I got my Razr on Friday and I am see g the same data connection problems. It turns off, it turns on. I never had this problem with my iPhone 4.

On Monday, I went back to the store to exchange my phone... possibly get the Rezound to see if its any better. The store refused return and said that I have to log my outages and complain to *611. And this was a corporate store, not a fly by night reseller.

Today is Tuesday, and I have already had for data connection episodes since 6:30 AM.

You have a 14 day return window and a Worry Free Guarantee. Why should returning the phone not be an option if we are having issues and we are not happy?
TheSteelman
Enthusiast - Level 2
So far today I have been able to log 14 instances where the data connection dropped and it took time to restore.

Most times this was between 5 to 10 minutes, but there was one instance around noon where the connection was gone for over 40 minutes.
0 Likes
RVnut
Enthusiast - Level 1

Looking at the Razr, but this is a deal breaker for me.  Is everyone still having connect issues or has Moto/Ver solved the issue? 

0 Likes