My Phone Thinks it's January 1st, 1970. How Do I Bring it Back to the Future?
marbud

I've never actually seen that movie, I'm sorry if I don't understand any references.

Okay! So, here's the run-down. I have an LG Lucid 2. I am in England right now studying abroad for the year, and I have suspended my phone service, and have only been using wifi when it's available. When I got into the UK, my phone was still on USA Central time. I have searched the phone, and the manual, and an online version of the manual, and have not been able to find a way to change the date and time manually. Now, this ordinarily wouldn't have been a problem, but then I took my SIM card out (wanted to see if the SIM cards they've been giving away here would fit in my phone if I got it unlocked from Verizon and not have to get a new phone to use here, but I did not put the other SIM card into the phone) and put it back in and started the phone up. This is when it time-traveled. It started back up at 6:00pm, January 1st, 1970. So now, a lot of my apps aren't working because they're demanding I change my date and time, but when I go to do that, the only options I have are to change the date and time /format/. I just want to get my phone onto the right time. I even tried to hard reset it, but when I held both the power button and the volume button after turning it off, it came to a screen that said something like "Downloading Screen, Do Not Unplug Device Until Finished" or something like that. If I didn't touch it, it would stay like that. If I touched the power button like the manual says to do, nothing happened. I could only get one thing to happen - which is for it to start back up again with all of my apps and media and settings. So. That didn't work. Please help. Please. I am tearing my hair out over this and after waiting an hour, staring at the livechat button, willing it to turn on, I've had no luck.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My Phone Thinks it's January 1st, 1970. How Do I Bring it Back to the Future?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Uncheck the automatic date and time setting and manually change the time. Some of the older Android phones don't retain the date and time during a reboot if there is no SIM card in the device.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: My Phone Thinks it's January 1st, 1970. How Do I Bring it Back to the Future?
marbud

Would that be under "Date & Time"? Because when I click on that, literally the only things that pop up are "Select Date Format" (so either dd/mm/yyyy or mm/dd/yyyy, things like that) and a check box for "Use 24-Hour Format."

0 Likes
Re: Re: My Phone Thinks it's January 1st, 1970. How Do I Bring it Back to the Future?
B33
Legend

In your settings as Ann154 pointed out it should be in your Date & Time and Listed as Automatic Date and Time.. then this may proceed ( use network - provided time ) and uncheck the setting.. 

But this phone may not have that option I'll keep looking in the Meanwhile here is the Manual or the Link to look at it..

Lucid™2 by LG Support | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
Re: Re: My Phone Thinks it's January 1st, 1970. How Do I Bring it Back to the Future?
B33
Legend

This Video might help ya give it a look.. follow the link below..

How to Change Time on Android Device - YouTube

0 Likes
marbud

Yeah, I already looked through the manual, unless there's something I missed 😧

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Just for asking can you post a screen shot of the Date and Time settings,  Like shown below"  press either the Lower volume and power or upper volume and power the 2 that snaps a screen shot once you've done that if ya know how to post a S.S.  post it to thread and that way it will give us a Look at your settings..

Here's a Screen shot of my Droid Maxx with the Date and Time..

Date & Time  S.S...png

0 Likes
IMI
Enthusiast - Level 2

After the latest update my date and time are in the past and will not allow any corrections, or overrides.  Nothing works!

0 Likes
Veesmove

I am having the same issues wrong dates 1970 when i go into my apps manager

0 Likes