Re: My LG G2 will not send picture messages.
ericamj22
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just an update, we cleared the cache and then did the factory data reset. So far this has been working. Still using the standard LG messaging app.

0 Likes
Phat1cat
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having same issues with picture messaging and now after 2 resets they want to send me someone elses used crap, I paid for a new phone not a used one, how is that right?

schwahney
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same issue suddenly on my lg g2. I cleared the messaging data. That didn't work. I deleted all my messages. That didn't work. I deleted all new apps since the problem started occurring. That didn't work. I rebooted after each of these steps also. In each case, trying to send a message with a picture started with the "resizing image" message and then "attachment size limit is exceeded" message... Could not receive any pix either. Not that that was a problem before, even at the highest resolution. I have plenty of memory. Here is what fixed it, at least at first: I did a safe mode restart as suggested above: http://vz.to/1kw6zVM. At that point, it still didn't work. So I did as suggested above and went in and deleted the Google+ data and did another safe mode restart. That did the trick! A normal restart, however, made the problem reappear. That was for a large picture 😞 Ultimately, I discovered that I could send a picture up to 567 kb (taken with the selfie camera) but not as large as 575 kb. But NOT an MMS with two pictures that would successfully send with them individually. So there appears to be something related to Google+, and the ability of Messaging to resize pix. I hope that this troubleshooting helps Verizon to figure it out.

totalkimbo82
Enthusiast - Level 2

I thought I was the only person with this issue.  I'm having the same problem.  I called Verizon customer service back at the end of May, start of June when it first happened.  I was on the phone with a tech for about 2hrs going through steps.  It ultimately ended in me doing a factory reset on my phone. 

That fixed the problem for about a week or so.  I was slowly adding apps back (really only the one I absolutely used).  The problem started again and that when I thought that Soundcloud caused the problem so I did another factory reset around the 14 of June.  Everything was working great again until this past weekend.  I realized I couldn't send  a picture message or receive any Saturday night 7/5.  Only thing I downloaded new was Spotify in that weekend so I was thinking that again it was another music app that caused this problem.  I feel as if some of the apps may create some perfect storm or interruption to picture message, but that is just my theory.  Whatever the case, its a pain and I will forgo the troubleshooting steps and move right into resetting my phone again.  This will be my 3rd reset in over a month.

I like my LG G2 but this issue is really put a dark cloud over everything.  Its especially unsettling now that I see that other people have this problem with their phones.  Please try to fix this issue.

Phat1cat
Enthusiast - Level 2

The thing that really gets me is Verizon could care less they should be giving us different phones that work no questions asked.

Phat1cat
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am on my 4th phone like it's really going to make a difference, they need to fix the problem now or give us different phones.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

totalkimbo82,

We appreciate you taking the time to troubleshoot your phone. I know how important it is to get it up and running smoothly. Since this has started happening when the apps were re-downloaded, we will need to try Safe Mode to rule this out http://vz.to/1nPG9hJ.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's definitely too many replacements Phat1cat. I want to help you enjoy your G2 as much as I enjoy mine. I have the latest update and haven't missed a beat! Are you restoring your apps on each replacement? What type of troubleshooting steps were you able to complete with us when you contacted us via an alternate support channel? Does this happen with every picture message and is it in every location? Where are the pictures sourced from?

JonathanK_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Hattrick12488

I've been having the same problem as everyone else for weeks. I tried safe mode, but it still only resizes and sends one of the images on my phone, which is a downloaded image that's about 350kb. I tried sending photos I took that were in the 450kb range and they wouldn't send.

I don't want to do another factory reset or replace the phone unless it's actually going to work (and from the sounds of it, it won't), because if it realistically probably won't solve the problem, it's not worth having to set the whole phone up from scratch again. What else can I do?

I don't understand how this has been a problem Verizon has been aware of for months with no apparent solution.

0 Likes
totalkimbo82
Enthusiast - Level 2

So my picture messaging stopped working this past Saturday 7/12 (it feels like its always happens over the weekend).  I didn't download any new apps that weekend or made any major changes to my phone since the last reboot I mentioned in my original post.  This time the phone did this funky thing where I couldn't pull down the notifications tray at the top so I restarted my phone to get it that part working.  As soon as I restarted I tried to send a picture message and it didn't work.

I tried the Safe Mode steps given by the Verizon CS above.  Prior to doing it I uninstalled all updates on Google+ and disable that application based on other posts.  While in Safe Mode I tried to send a test picture and It would not send.  I've included a screenshot of how it appears.  Also after picture messaging stops working that is the same icon that shows for pictures that were sent previously. I was not able to send a picture message.

I forgot to add in my original post that when I spoke to a Verizon Tech over the phone when this first happened he moved my number to a test phone he had on hand.  He was able to send and receive a test picture on the test phone, but it didn't work on my cell phone.  It is definitely the phone and some type of programming involved (stating the obvious).  I'm going to try resetting my phone again to see if it will stick.  I loved my G2 but now I wish I had another phone if this problem continues I will push to receive a different phone or leave Verizon.

Screenshot_2014-07-14-09-59-29.pngScreenshot_2014-07-14-09-59-24.png

0 Likes