My LG G2 does not send emails, but receives them fine using the Email app
Multistrada

My LG G2 does not send emails, but receives them fine using the Email app that looks like an envelope with a red @ inside it. All emails stay in outbox and I get a red exclamation point error. I have had the phone four months, and not one email has sent. Is there some setting I need to toggle" I have two different email addresses- one is my personal verizon.net and the other is the outlook from work.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My LG G2 does not send emails, but receives them fine using the Email app
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

There's no need to worry Multistrada! You came to the right place for help. From the information provided, it seems it's just a matter of having the correct port settings for your email accounts. What email providers do you have? Use the steps here http://vz.to/1EtIOJd to remove and re-add the email addresses, and test again.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

have you deleted the accounts and added them back?

you can also try using a different email application. I don't like the stock apps on devices as they don't have spam ability.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

There's no need to worry Multistrada! You came to the right place for help. From the information provided, it seems it's just a matter of having the correct port settings for your email accounts. What email providers do you have? Use the steps here http://vz.to/1EtIOJd to remove and re-add the email addresses, and test again.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Your incoming and outgoing server addresses must be set correct.  Looks like incoming is fine and outgoing is wrong.  But, I tried the stock app for a few months and went back to Gmail (or dedicated app for the email address service.)

0 Likes