Re: My LG Ally is frozen and won't shut off
gndmepyon

I would suggest checking to see how much Memory you have left. All Android devices running 2.1 will randomly lock up and freeze when available memory gets below 20meg.

0 Likes
youngms56
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem with not being able to power down my Ally.  I purchased the phone on July 10 and it worked just fine until two days ago.  Since then it has started freezing at various times.  About half the time that I try to use the Advanced Task Killer app, it will freeze with the icon displayed.  When I bring up the screen with the Power Down icon, the button will highlight but the phone does not power down.  I agree with all that the battery is very difficult to remove.  If you look closely, you will see a very small half moon shaped indent on the case interior on one end of the battery.  If you pry the battery at that point, it will come out, though it is not easy.  I haven't yet contacted Verizon about the Power Down problem.  I have a feeling it is a software issue and hopefully LG will put out a patch to fix it.  I love the phone in every other way.  It is 200% better than the Blackberry Storm that I was using.

0 Likes
Vendico

Yeah so my wife just got this phone new just last week and it started this crap today.  What ever happened to QA.

Common Verizon, step up!

0 Likes
kooney10

THis has happened to me all day today.I've had it for a couple of weeks and don't use it alot for calls. I make a phone call and then the screen goes black. I push any buttons and nothing happens! Very embarrassing when I can't hang up the phone and I have to take out the battery. The battery isn't even 1/10 used. I'm going in to Verizon tomorrow.

0 Likes