Re: My HTC One M8 is sending duplicate texts
Sbrondsema

It's not a solution to the actual problem, but it's a workaround.

After several phone calls with tech support, it was recommended that I use the Verizon messaging app.  It's not my preference, but it finally eliminated the duplicate texts.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Shilah

I can imagine the frustration you’re experiencing with the duplicate messages. I would love to address this concern for you.

First, please clarify what exactly you are experiencing with your device. Is this happening with your HTC One M8 device as well? Which text messaging application do you have installed on your device and which one are you using when this is happening? Are you receiving duplicate texts as well? Please let me know so that I can further assist.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Aviguy

Having the same problem with my LG.  Going to the Verizon store tomorrow.  Will post the results.

0 Likes
xsnrg

Sbrondsema wrote:

I have read through many of the threads already addressing this issue and none of the suggested fixes have seemed to work.

Not always, but quite regularly, my phone is sending duplicate texts.

• It is not always the same person
  • It happens both when I am using, and not using, WiFi
  • I have cleared my messaging cache
  • I am not using a 3rd party texting apps (and neither are they)
  • I have tried resetting my network settings
  • I have tried restarting
  • I have tried restarting in safe mode

Help would be appreciated as I am annoying my friends.

This describes me EXACTLY, each and every point.  I'm on an HTC One M8 and this started within the past two weeks.

0 Likes
JayMac2k13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Y'all don't happen to have the CleanMaster app do u?

0 Likes
kamramarie

I'm having the same problem as these other people... I had cleanmaster on my previous phone, LG G3, and my SIM card stopped working in it about a month ago. Warranty company issued me a new G3, this time I didn't download cleanmaster. I've had the multiple sending text  issues with both phones.

0 Likes
kamramarie

I have this problem as well... LG G3, I had the phone for about a year and a few months and it was sending many texts to people frequently. At one point, it sent someone over 50 of the same message. Restarting my phone didn't even solve it! The SIM card and/or phone had a hardware issue and the phone no longer detected the SIM card. This resulted in the warranty company sending me a new G3. Unfortuately, the problem persists, leading me to believe that a factory reset isn't going to matter, because I received a brand new factory phone.

I notice that when I have this issue, my phone is extremely hot and my message says that it can't send, or it takes forever to send and someone gets multiple copies of it. I've had it happen to Android and iPhone users, but I only text people on Verizon service as that is what is common in my area. It started about 2-3 months ago and gets worse every time it happens. Restarting my phone, taking out the battery, and even removing the SIM card doesn't solve the problem. Help!?

0 Likes
JayMac2k13
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an HTC One M8 & Verizon has done quite a bit of "troubleshooting" on my phone, anywhere from replacing my SIM card, one store uninstalled the CleanMaster app, they put my phone in "safe mode" (still duplicated my texts), at first after they uninstalled Clean Master it stopped duplicating, but it eventually happened again later that evening. They blamed it on the HTC software & said if problem persisted we'd have to do a factory restart (my husband was having the same issues) thus far it has duplicated texts, but I'm sure it's just a matter of time until it starts again. It's very frustrating. Seeing as how it's several different types of phones etc having this same issue, that only leaves Verizon as root of the problem. I just wish they'd fix whatever it is because they said the next step is getting a replacement phone. The hassle in all of this is not appreciated & I'm considering switching wireless providers altogether to end it. The people I text are both in & out of Verizon network (Sprint, Ting, T-Mobile, Cricket) the only duplicate texts I receive are from Verizon people. Very weird, very frustrating.

0 Likes
kamramarie

The strange thing for me is that I have never received duplicate texts from anyone and the people I text don't receive them from anyone except me. I seem to be the only one in my circle of friends and family with this problem! And a new phone didn't work for me, nor did a new SIM card. I don't know what the problem could be! Has to be a Verizon problem, but it must only be connected to my phone number somehow! I'm trying out Verizon messaging instead of my phone's default messaging app, so hopefully it will quit doing this.

0 Likes