My Galaxy S6 keeps popping up "Backup canceled. make sure you have a data connection and try again".
furby076
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Galaxy S6 keeps popping up "Backup canceled. make sure you have a data connection and try again". It's popping up every 60-120 seconds. It doesn't care if I'm in an app, or coming from sleep

I saw another post suggesting a huge laundry list of things to do, which comes to resetting the phone. I'm not going to reset the phone. This is clearly the lazy way to solve the problem "Cure the disease by killing the patient", which puts the heavy burden on the phone owner.

This seems to occur Mon-Fri during the day

Galaxy S6

Android version 5.1.1

Kernel version 3.10.61

Model Number SM-G920V

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My Galaxy S6 keeps popping up "Backup canceled. make sure you have a data connection and try again".
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

furby076,

Let's ensure your phone is working as it should be. Have you tried to uninstall the application and reinstall? When did this issue begin? Does this happen with wifi and while on our network?

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on TwitterVZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes