My Galaxy S6 Edge+ is producing static, even when muted. Is my phone defective?
outlawelement22

I've constantly had issues with people unable to hear me when speaking, but also hearing static when I'm on mute. I call into teleconferences several hours a day, and using the teleconference tools I can tell when my line is producing noise. The noise is occurring even when my device is on mute.

Additionally, I picked up a headset and mic thinking that would solve my issues. I called my wife's voicemail and left a message and I could hear the static coming through my line in that message. I also recorded audio through my headset on the computer, no static there, in fact its crystal clear.

Is this a known issue with my device? Is there a problem with my phone? With my signal? With my area code (608)?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My Galaxy S6 Edge+ is producing static, even when muted. Is my phone defective?
mama23dogs
Legend

IT sounds like a defect to me.  Unless a phone gets wet, it doesn't do that.   It is still under warranty.

0 Likes
Re: My Galaxy S6 Edge+ is producing static, even when muted. Is my phone defective?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have the Advanced Calling feature enabled on your phone? Have you tried turning it off or on to see if it makes a difference?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
outlawelement22

I do have advanced calling, and am experiencing the issue whether HD Voice is on or off.

0 Likes
outlawelement22

It hasn't got wet. Do i just take the device into a Verizon store? I really want to verify its an issue with the device and not the service in my area. I've also noticed that while on a call i have 1X, but as soon as I hang up I'm back on 4G.

0 Likes
outlawelement22

Disregard the statement regarding 1X, it stays on 4G with HD Advanced Calling Enabled. Still having static issues though.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

outlawelement22 wrote:

It hasn't got wet. Do i just take the device into a Verizon store? I really want to verify its an issue with the device and not the service in my area. I've also noticed that while on a call i have 1X, but as soon as I hang up I'm back on 4G.

You can bring it in to a Verizon store, but keep in mind unless you purchased it within the last 14 days a warranty replacement will be with a refurbished device and would have to be mailed to you. After receiving the refurbished device you would send in your phone. Any damage(physical damage, water sensor tripped, etc...) to the phone you return would result in a charge to your account.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Static can be a problem especially when you trying to hold a conversation outlawelement22. I am sure we will get to the bottom of this for you. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Does this happen on every phone call?
AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes