My G'zOne Commando isnt sending or receiving txt messages. how can i fix this?
mbaxter90

It was working fine yesterday before i went to bed and now im not able to send txt at all and im not getting txts till hours after they were sent to me.. Howdo i fix this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My G'zOne Commando isnt sending or receiving txt messages. how can i fix this?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try dialing *228, option 1 to reset your connection with the Verizon Wireless network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: My G'zOne Commando isnt sending or receiving txt messages. how can i fix this?
mbaxter90

Thank you very much for the tip, but i cant even make a call through my phone and when i went to verizon store the other day they told me to call customer support which also did nothing. im on a military base and the onlytime it seems to work is when im not on base (big problem). is there anything else i can try?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you haven't, you should try the *228, option 1 in a location where you can make phone calls like off base as mentioned. That way you are definitely connecting to a Verizon Wireless tower.

As the signal on base worked before or just barely?

I'm not sure what else to suggest at this point.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey mbaxter90!

I am sorry to hear about your texting troubles! I can imagine they are pretty important to you, so let's get them working.

Yes, I would suggest to update your phone with *228 when you are connecting to one of our towers. Also, are you using another 3rd party application for messages? Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall that or use the stock application? Please also delete any unwanted texts as they can possibly prevents new ones from coming in if you have too many from a particular contact. Do you get an error when you try and send a message? Are these just regular texts or are they picture messages? Please let us know and we will help!

Thanks!
MichelleG_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes