My DuraforcePro restarts in a loop after 5.320VZ update
lutzgo

After the software update from 3.112VZ to 5.320VZ my DuraforcePro execudes endless restarts as soon as i enable the location

service. It stops restarting when i am fast enough to disable the location service after restart. Does a downgrade to software version 4.256VZ solve this problem? But how to do a downgrade with the Kyocera Upgrade Tool for PC?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My DuraforcePro restarts in a loop after 5.320VZ update
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can't revert to the previous version of the OS.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lutzgo,
Software updates are supposed to enhance your device experience and not eliminate them. Please allow us to further investigate the details as we truly understand how essential it is to have a properly working device. Can you please verify the available storage space that is left on your device? You can locate this by going to settings>storage. Also, can you please restart your device in safe mode http://vz.to/2AylQ54? Once complete please reattempt to turn on your location settings and share your results.

SylviaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for your input, Ann154.

I want to make sure that you have a working phone, lutzgo. I want to get a better understanding on this issue. Is the phone only restarting when you're turning off the location services or is it happening at any time? Are you able to use the phone before it restart?

ZangY_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
lutzgo

Hello Sylvia,

1. Storage: internal 16.5 GB used of 32 GB, SD card 44.06 GB used of 119 GB

2. Restart in safe mode:

After restart in safe mode the device does not restart when i turn on location service. But if i start an app that uses location service e.g. Camera, the device restarts immediately.

Lutz

0 Likes
lutzgo

Hello Zang,

the phone restarts as long as the location service is turned ON and i cannot use it until i am fast enough to enter the pin and switch off the location service after restart.

0 Likes
Flanagan70

my dursforce pro2 is in a restart loop, brand new phone today (5/6/19)and turning off location doesnt help me at all.

started happening after installing update

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us. How long has it been in a loop?

DillonY_VZW

0 Likes