Re: My Droid Ultra is no longer connecting to WiFi anywhere (not my home router, not free public WiFi, NOTHING)! This problem just started 2 days ago. Thoughts?
KMS2007
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had this same issue with my Droid MAXX, and the only thing that worked was a factory reset. Smiley Sad It was a gigantic pain in the rear-end, but it did work. Prior to that, I couldn't have bluetooth and wifi on at the same time EVER or wifi wouldn't work...tried soft reset, which fixed it for an hour or so. Tried hard clearing the cache, which worked for a day or so...hard factory reset did the trick, but I then had to reinstall all my apps, settings, etc. Annoying at best, especially since I'm still paying for the **** phone. I'm going to see how long it works, and if it fails again, I'll be going back to an LG phone (I had one before the Maxx that made me very happy until I had some system update that killed that phone). Ugh.

0 Likes
Re: My Droid Ultra is no longer connecting to WiFi anywhere (not my home router, not free public WiFi, NOTHING)! This problem just started 2 days ago. Thoughts?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am so sorry for the inconvenience this caused you KMS2007. I know your time is valuable and I personally don't like doing factory resets myself. However, because our phones now a days seem to be like mini computers this is needed sometimes. I am glad you were able to find a solution and get your phone working. If our help is ever needed we are only one post away http://vz.to/1SqpgdR . Keep us updated.

JorgeO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SEToje

My Droid Ultra also stopped connecting to my home wifi 3 weeks ago. It worked fine for almost two years. Tried soft reboot, back-up and factory reset. Nothing. The wifi screen just doesn't allow me to move to the ON position and no wifi networks appear as they use to. Very frustrated. Verizon suggested the back-up and factory reset that didn't work. I think it had to be a system update ?

0 Likes