My Droid Razr M keeps dropping WiFi. HELP!!!

Ever since the automatic upgrade a few weeks/month ago, my WiFi keeps dropping. I can get it back again by turning it off, going to Airplane mode, turning Wifi back on again, then turning Airplane off again.. .but that only lasts for a few minutes before Wifi drops again. Wifi shows as being high, but it's not and I ended up going over my data usage for this month because I didn't realize I was streaming movies at home when my phone wasn't using Wifi. Any ideas on what to do?

Labels (1)
Highlighted

Re: My Droid Razr M keeps dropping WiFi. HELP!!!

I too am experiencing the same issue.  My Razr M drops or won't connect to wi-fi connections that it has in past with no problems, particularly my home wi-fi.  Most of the time it will find the connections OK but when you go to connect it simply says saving and then marks it as a saved connection with no Wi-Fi icon or connection.  If it does connect, I can't trust it to remain connected.  It will usually drop the connection within 15 - 20 mins.  I have spent 3 + hours on the phone with Verizon Tech Support done factory reset and have had 2 replacement phones, and again same issue.  I also set my Wi-Fi to  I have done some research on line and there seems two schools of thought.  1.  Motorola has an issue with their latest upgrade and connecting to certain Wi-Fi routers, (although I can't get a list of these).  2.  Just saw today that Fitbitand blue tooth seem to have conflicts with Wi-Fi as well.  This was interesting to me as I have a Fitbit. 

Anyone out there know more????????

0 Likes
Highlighted

I have had the droid RAZR m for a year now and never had this problem disconnecting from my WiFi before. Now that's all it does. Is thee a problem these phones? I have other phones in my house and they are connected and have no issues. Please advise

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to learn you are having problems staying connected to your WiFi, mally0513. Have you tried deleting the WiFi network and re-adding it? Please also ensure that your Bluetooth setting on your device is off.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Highlighted

I will try, Thank You

0 Likes
Covid19