My Droid DNA's home, back, and app buttons no longer work or react when pressed. This happened randomly when I was using the phone Saturday afternoon and have since no longer worked. Can anything be done?
callahan_214

This is the second major problem I have had with this phone (first was the SIM card issue where I had no service because the software of the phone wouldn't read the SIM card, has been fixed by an update I downloaded in December).

I really would like to know what my options are, and if I am eligible to get a new phone. This has been by far the worst phone I have ever experienced and am disappointed that I am forced into a two year contract with a phone that has consistently failed me. I am a college kid who is going through job/phone interviews and it is very important that I can rely on my personal phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My Droid DNA's home, back, and app buttons no longer work or react when pressed. This happened randomly when I was using the phone Saturday afternoon and have since no longer worked. Can anything be done?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

callahan.214,

If the home and back buttons are not working it has to be difficult to use the phone. Let's get that device working. Back up your phone and complete a reset: http://vz.to/1uBz20R . Before installing any applications test out the phone for a day to ensure it is working properly. Let us know how it is working.

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: My Droid DNA's home, back, and app buttons no longer work or react when pressed. This happened randomly when I was using the phone Saturday afternoon and have since no longer worked. Can anything be done?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

callahan.214,

If the home and back buttons are not working it has to be difficult to use the phone. Let's get that device working. Back up your phone and complete a reset: http://vz.to/1uBz20R . Before installing any applications test out the phone for a day to ensure it is working properly. Let us know how it is working.

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Before trying a total reset, try a system cache clear. You won't lose any data or settings and it may fix it. Running the cache clear every so often is a good idea, as is rebooting now and then.

If all else fails, then go for the total reset.

0 Likes