My Alarm Clock!
bigdr78
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I first got my new Droid 4, I could set my music on the phone as the ringtone. Now today they dont even show up in the list. Is it something I have done or is there a glitch. The only thing I have done since yesterday is downloaded rerware app. to back up my phone. And no my phone is not rooted. Someone please help.LOL

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My Alarm Clock!
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The 'set as ringtone' option was removed when the Razr and Razr Maxx were upgraded to JB and I'm assuming it's the same for the D4 since My Music also was removed.  An alternative is to put a copy of your mp3s in your Ringtone folder.  Likewise, if you want your music for Notifications or for Alarms, put copies of the songs in those appropriate folders.

0 Likes
bigdr78
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, I'll try that. I have an idea of how to do this but do you think you could explain the easiest way to do this? I assume the computer is the easiest way?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can copy and move the files on your phone, but it's easier for me to 'drag and drop' the files once I connect the phone and computer via USB cable.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
bigdr78
Enthusiast - Level 2

That is what I am doing now is on the computer. I hope it works. I really appreciate your help!

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You're welcome 

0 Likes
bigdr78
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got the ringtones and alarm ringtones done...That worked! My next question is since I cannot find the info I need is where do I find the setup so when I hit the end button the phone goes back to home screen. Plus the other apps dont stop running when I exit like they did on my droid 3. It always opens up where i exited from.

0 Likes
bigdr78
Enthusiast - Level 2

I want you to know I really appreciate the help. This is the only thing I hate about getting a new phone...LOL

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

bigdr78 wrote:

I got the ringtones and alarm ringtones done...That worked! My next question is since I cannot find the info I need is where do I find the setup so when I hit the end button the phone goes back to home screen. Plus the other apps dont stop running when I exit like they did on my droid 3. It always opens up where i exited from.

Wahoo ! 

I don't have a D4, but a different Motorola device.  My phone always 'picks up where it left off' ... if there's a way to automatically exit back to the home screen, I haven't run across it yet.

0 Likes