My AOL Email Wont Sync...
Kurdtlhorg

Usually I would go to the online live chat place and work with them on fixing this rather then complaining about it in a public forum but apparently the live-chat is gone it seems.

I upgraded my phone to a Droid 4 about 2 weeks ago and while my Gmail comes in fine my main email account is through AOL. I never receive notifications of new messages, to doesn't include the folders I have set up in my AOL in box and now with the latest update it just constantly says "No New Messages" when I click on my inbox when I'm clearly getting emails through the website. Please help!!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My AOL Email Wont Sync...
Not applicable

>Post deleted. Stay on topic<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't use AOL and I don't have a Droid 4, but I do know that sometimes setting up e-mail accounts using the 'automatic' type set-up doesn't work.  I found these steps in another forum; maybe they'll be helpful:

Choose the manual setup.  This will take you to incoming server settings.  It should fill the settings automatically - IMAP / [email address]/ imap.aol.com / 143 / None

Hit next.

This is the outgoing server settings - again, auto filled - smtp.aol.com / 587 / None

Hit next.  Then you customize the sync settings, name the account, choose your display name, and then hit Done.  In Email, you can tailor signature settings, etc. 

The key is the manual setup and having incoming and outgoing settings right - this fixes the trash syncing, allows folders to be displayed, etc.

droiduh
Enthusiast - Level 1

Wow this really does works! Was wondering why the AOL Email stopped working.

For those who don't know..

1) 'Email @'

2) 'Other'

then do the rest as mentioned above.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Glad to hear that it helped.

0 Likes