Multiple malfunctions on Droid X2
GoAskAmy

GPS won't work, several apps "force close" when i attempt to open them, buffering causes music apps to skip to the next track, new emails don't send notifications, and the camera app crashes the phone every time i open it.

Ive had this phone for about 2 years and the malfunctions are getting worse.

I replaced the battery already some time ago.

This phone was touted as a big thing at the time.  Is 2 years really the liftspan of a smart phone?  The product has not been very satisfying - not worth the money for the phone or the expensive data plan required to operate it!  Do other brands have these issues or is Motorola's platform just not reliable?  Makes me want to go back to the old school texting phone.

I hope the answer is not "get a newer phone". 

Thank you in advance!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Multiple malfunctions on Droid X2
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello GoAskAmy,

This is completely unacceptable. I apologize that you are having issues with your current device. When we purchase a new device, we expect it to work 24/7. An an avid technology guru, technology is fastly changing causing an out dation of previously offered products. I understand that you prefer to not purchase a new phone. However, this would be a great option. This will allow you to get a brand new fully updated device and put your outdated device to rest. Within the last two years, technology has had many developments that allow our newer phones to be considered a computer in your pocket. Have you had a chance to visit our new devices? http://bit.ly/nD0WuY

Let's see what we can do to get your device functioning again. Have you attempted to complete a hard reset? It sounds like your device may be suffering an application issue. Have you attempted safe mode to rule this out? You may complete safe mode by visiting http://vz.to/nXvveN DO you recall if you have selected an extended warranty on your device?

Please keep us updated on your device after completing these steps, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes