Moving to larger SD card
sol1109
Enthusiast - Level 3

Planning on installing a larger SD card in my Pantech. The manual says noting about transferring anything on the older card, what do I need to know to do this correctly? Photos seem straight forward but what about Apps, contacts, etc? Do I need to run the unmount utility before installing the new card or just turn off power and swap cards?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Moving to larger SD card
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

How about this?

Turn off the phone. Take your existing card out of the phone and use a card reader on your computer to temporarily copy the contents to a folder on the computer. Properly remove that card from the card reader and insert the new larger card. Copy the contents onto the new card. Properly remove the new card.

Place the new card in the phone. Reassemble the phone as required (re-insert battery and back cover) and reboot the phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

How about this?

Turn off the phone. Take your existing card out of the phone and use a card reader on your computer to temporarily copy the contents to a folder on the computer. Properly remove that card from the card reader and insert the new larger card. Copy the contents onto the new card. Properly remove the new card.

Place the new card in the phone. Reassemble the phone as required (re-insert battery and back cover) and reboot the phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
sol1109
Enthusiast - Level 3

Unfortunately my computer does not have a card reader. My WiFi printer does but for some reason it was not recognized by my computer. Figured out a workaround using direct IP address in my networks so I used the adapter that came with the new card to do as you suggested. Took forever over WiFi but it was successful, thanks.

0 Likes