Moving apps to SD Card
bolski
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just got my LG Vortex and I'm loving it. I've been busy getting all sorts of apps for it. From what I understand, the Froyo version allows moving apps to the SD card. 

I've noticed that some apps allow this and others do not. Is there a reason for this? Or, is it something that's locked into my Droid? I've noticed that my main memory is beginning to dwindle. 

I've downloaded the App 2 SD app which is really nice because it will segregate the apps based on movable to SD, on SD only, non-movable apps, so it gives me a nice breakdown. Much better than the given application manager app.

I'm new to Droids, so I'm not that familiar with all the intricacies of them, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Moving apps to SD Card
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

The app developer must make the app compatible with Apps2SD so that's why some have the option and others don't. 

View solution in original post

PJNC284
Master - Level 2

The app developer must make the app compatible with Apps2SD so that's why some have the option and others don't. 

bolski
Enthusiast - Level 3

PJN, thanks for the info. That's what I figured. I wish more and more apps could be moved to the SD card, but I guess I can see why. If you do that, then you can possibly transfer the app to another droid.

I guess another question then is, what if I purchase an app? I know I can download it again. Is it tied to my phone number? The reason I ask is, if I were to upgrade to another droid phone, will I have to purchase the apps again or is it tied to my phone number and not the actual device?

Thanks!

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

It's tied to the main google account on the phone.  So as long as you use the same account to set up a new phone, it doesn't matter if it's the same model, number or carrier.