Motorola Droid RAZR M - Poor Reception
Supkarma

I recently switched to Verizon from Sprint, because of their "superior" coverage, and customer services..

I started off with an HTC 8X, but I felt as though it was not sturdy enough to last me the duration of my two year contract.  I exchanged it for the Motorola Droid RAZR M.

The build quality seems to be significantly better but now my reception is significantly worse.  I don't have LTE coverage everywhere I did with the 8X, and I certainly had better coverage while on Sprint.

The device is struggling to stay connected to even 3G in my office, and that is significantly impacting battery life as well.

I've dialed *228 to update PRL.  I've removed SIM card. I've powered off...

- Is poor reception common with this device?  Or is it just the network?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Motorola Droid RAZR M - Poor Reception
mwinn1

I bought the Droid RAZR M about a month ago and I have the same problem.  I have taken it back to the Verizon store and of course it worked fine for them.

0 Likes
junkieforgames

I have had my Razr M about 6 months and have not noticed any poor reception on my end.  And you no longer need to do the *228 updates on a 4G phone.  You should get a message if you attempt to do that saying the SIM card covers that now.

0 Likes
Dorkmaster
Contributor - Level 2

Ditto here, Got mine last October, I have noticed poor reception on mine also, I am dropping calls randomly. Never had this problem with a Verizon phone in my area before.

0 Likes
Hallel3

I downloaded an app to boost antenna signal.  Of course it doesn't do that, it just resets the wireless to look for optimization.  It actually increased my signal.

0 Likes
Supkarma

My issue still has not been fixed.

Why isn't Verizon fixing this issue?  I'm locked into a contract with a phone that doesn't have signal?  Great.

Just so everyone knows... Virgin Mobile is 35.00 monthly..unlimited.. AND they have signal.  - They use Sprint's towers, so as long as you have Sprint coverage you'll have VM coverage.

I'm going to switch.

0 Likes