Motorola Droid RAZR HD
Dale_Hollis

I have a Motorola Droid RAZR HD and
I can no longer receive text messages properly from most of my contacts without
waiting forever (sometimes days) for it to download (even when it’s just text)
or I never get them at all.  I never had
this problem until the update back in July 2014. And yes my phone is set on
Auto-Retrieve. I have seen others complaining about this. Is there ever going
to be a fix for this or do we need to switch providers?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Motorola Droid RAZR HD
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dale_Hollis,

There would be no reason to switch carriers. I want to make sure that we get to the bottom of this for you ASAP. I would be lost without my text messages. Are you using the normal text message application that came on the phone or a 3rd party application from the Play Store? Are you currently on wi-fi when you are trying to load the messages or does this happen while on the cellular network as well? Keep me posted.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Dale_Hollis

Hello, I am using the messaging program that come with the phone. I did some playing around and noticed that it only happens when I have the WIFI turned on. It works fine when I turn WIFI off. This use to work fine with WIFI before the software update. It also doesn't matter who's WIFI I am using. It still doesn't work correctly. So I am restricted to using just the cellular connection. Thank you for your help.Dale

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dale_Hollis,

Thank you so much for those details. The Picture messages would need to be sent and received while you on cellular data. Do you turn the cellular data off when you have wi-fi on? Keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @ VZWSupport

0 Likes
Dale_Hollis

I never messed with the cellular setting and always just left the WIFI on all the time. Something changed with this when the update was pushed out. I'm currently leaving the WIFI off so I can retrieve anything anyone sends me. Dale

0 Likes