Motorola Droid 4 not sending text messages after firmware update?
CyJoi83
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ever since the most recent update I've been having major issues with my texts not going through. I have to completely reboot my device. Any ideas other than doing another factory reset?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Motorola Droid 4 not sending text messages after firmware update?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi CyJoi83,

I use my text messaging feature all day and I can understand how frustrating it must be to have issues with it. Are you using the native text messaging application? Are you using a different application (i.e. Handcent, Go SMS, etc.)? My son has a Droid 4 and he also had some post update issues but all issues were resolved by doing a http://vz.to/TZvgLF factory reset. I recommend doing a factory reset and then install your third party applications one at a time and test a few hours before the next install as you may also have an application conflict that is causing the issues. Keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
oob123
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue! I've reset my phone to the factory settings, then installed the new firmware,and did not install ANY aps, but I still had issues. I'm sick of rebooting my phone 3 or 4 times a day to send texts!

0 Likes
Motorola Droid 4 not sending text messages after firmware update?
CyJoi83
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've done the factory reset, don't use a 3rd party texting app just what came with the phone. Was told it was my signature so I removed that and here I am today having messages checked back saying not sent- I switched to Verizon because I thought they had better service but apparently I was mistaken!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand your frustrations, oob123. Text messaging is such an important part of our communication options. I want to restore your confidence in us.

Given the steps that were already taken, the next best step would be to replace your device. Please follow me (ChaunceyM_VZW) and send me a direct message. Please provide me with your contact number and I will call you today. I look forward to hearing back from you.

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
OurayChocolatier

I am also having the same issue.  I have done a factory reset and nothing has changed.  My problem is I do not use twitter.  Is there any way you can help me without using twitter? 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

OurayChocolatier,

You can follow the rep here in the community. and the rep is

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes