Motorola Droid 3 Continues to Freeze
donkay6646

Ive had my Droid 3 for a little over a year and yesterday it just started freezing up, especially when I open/shut the keyboard.  The only way to get it back is to pull the battery.  Ive tried uninstalling all of my unused applications, deleting my pictures and texts, and even did a factory reset, and it continues to freeze.  Unfortunately it's no longer under warranty and I'm quite a ways away from being able to upgrade.  If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate the help. 

Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Motorola Droid 3 Continues to Freeze
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi donkay6646,

I regret to learn of the issues you are having with the Droid 3. If my phone powered itself off and on, I would feel the same way.

I would like to ask if you have received the update on the device? You can check by going to Menu>Settings>About Phone>Check  for updates.

Please send the software version for your phone. (Menu>Settings>About Phone>Software Version)

Thanks very much,

Christina B
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Julie21

Mine is doing the same thing. Just under a year old. I has always done a random reboot when it feels like it, about once a week or so. But the other day it started freezine. Like 8 times in a 3 hour period. I took it to Verizon and they said since I pay for the extended warranty, they will overnight me a new phone (which Im sure is refurbished since they dont make that phone anymore.)

0 Likes
chef757

Mine just started doing the same thing about 2 days ago as well. I am far from my upgrade date and dont have the money to replace it or upgrade at all. if you find out anything please let me know

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

chef757,

A dysfunctional device is no fun so I am sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing. We may still be able to save your device though. Have you tried running it in safe mode http://bit.ly/oMhxWu or a hard reset http://bit.ly/n1gYBs? Please keep us updated on the results.

Thank you,

GeorgeP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter

0 Likes
cfowler

I have this problem too. I have done a hard reset, deleted all applications, and updated to the most recent build of gingerbread (like the original poster did). I can usually slide the keyboard a couple times before it freezes. It may simply be a coincidence, but it appears to have only happened when I was using a messaging app (as opposed to the browser).

My current "fix" is simply to not use the keyboard anymore, though that is a tremendous pain because I bought this phone for the keyboard. My phone is out of warranty, so I can't just bring it in.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cfowler,

Im sorry to hear you are having issues with your device as well. Even though it is currently out of warranty we may still be able to save it! When you say you were using a messaging app, are you referring to the default messaging app on the phone or one from a 3rd party?

Thank you,

Georgep_vzw

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
cfowler

Yes, default app.

0 Likes
Jbulie

I also have been having these problems just as of today. I will go to reply to a text and tru to use my keyboard but then my phone freezes. I use the default messaging app, I also no longer have my warranty since i hve had this phone for a year and a half. This is the 3rd Verizon phone i have had issues with, and while replacing it can be nice, its a hassle too because you lose all the data and cannot retrieve it. I do not like the refurbished phones, while yes it looks new but it always seems to crap out quicker, i use my phone for Facebook, texting, the occassional call and a few little games like solitare. I also checked if there was an update for my phone and it says my device is up to date, what can i do to fix all of these problems?

0 Likes
susaacoppstah

I have the same problem. It's been going on for two weeks now, but got to the point today that it won't respond at all. I can't unlock my phone to do anything, and I can't even answer calls. When someone calls, the screen doesn't even come on now, just plays the ringtone and vibrates untill I take the battery out. I have tried everything to try and fix the problem from taking the battery out, to system refreshing my phone. Pretty much I am screwed till my upgrade in April. I have insurance on it but I don't think this is one of the things it covers. Smiley Sad

0 Likes