Re: Motorola Droid 3 Continues to Freeze
zedlepplin

My droid just started doing this last night. I have had it for 21 months.

It freezes when the keyboard comes out and it sometimes freezes when the screen shifts. I restored to factory default and it is still occurring. Just looks like these Droid 3's are not meant to last longer than 2 years.

0 Likes
Lbrunkala

I started having this issue yesterday... sounds like a phone defect for sure. I'm going to try to call my insurance company and see if they'll send another one. I love that Verizon keeps trying to give different fixes even though we're all having the same issue. Obviously someone doesn't know how to fix this or care enough to find out the real problem that we all seem to be having.

0 Likes
dunkanS

I thought I would add my own experience. My droid 3 is also freezing to the point where it's no longer useful. i cant even get pass the lockscreen since it doesnt respond. Taking the battery out doesnt work either and I'm hoping someone can come up with a solution. (hardware or otherwise) From what I can see a hardware reset doesnt work and dont want to try it since i dont want to lose all my files.

0 Likes
DianeV

I'm having the same problem.  Here are the various version numbers I found under the menu sequence you listed since none specifically say "software version," though I suspect "system version" is what you are looking for. 

System version 5.7.906.XT862.Verizon.en.US

Android version 2.3.4

Baseband version N_03.18.32P

0 Likes
egadgetguy

This does seem like a lot of people with the same problem. I cant get in to safe mode because it just sits in the "dual core" screen. what to do now? my finger is getting tired.  Works now!

Also, I tried 'safe mode' finally and none of my downloaded apps show up. It says to delete recently downloaded apps, but they don't show up. I have at least a dozen, but it shows none. Odd,

Message was edited by: egadgetguy

0 Likes
KotywithaK

I just started having the exact same issue.  Typically occurs when using the standard messaging app.  It happened before trying a Hard Reset as well when I would use Handcent for messaging, but typically seemed to happen when I slid out the keyboard.  I called CS and explained the situation and they are overnighting me another device.

My info:

System version 5.7.906.XT862.Verizon.en.US

Android version 2.3.4

Baseband version N_03.18.32P

Thus, the device is up to date.

0 Likes
gsphorse

I had the same problem of my droid 3 freezing especially when sliding open the keyboard.  I hadn't recently downloaded an app but I remembered my Yahoo app had an upgrade.  So, after uninstalling yahoo my Droid 3 is back to working like a champ.  No lag time in updating screens, no locking up, and no crazy restarting when no one is even touching the phone.  I had tons of problems when Hotmail switched to Outlook also.  Hope this helps someone Smiley Happy

0 Likes