Moto Z Force battery grain after updating to Android 7.0 (Nougat)
GCORM76
Enthusiast - Level 2

A few days ago... an update for Android 7.0 (Nougut) was pushed out and I went ahead and updated... Since then my battery life has been horrible.  10% battery drain every 20 to 30 min with no apps running (phone just sitting there not being used)...   I've seen on other online forums that this was/is an issue with other cell phone models as well... possibly Google apps not working correctly.  Anyone else experiencing this issue?  I did not download and install any new apps after the update...  i've tried a few suggestions which did not help... tried resetting app permissions and preferences... also tried booting into recovery mode and performing a wipe cache partition... which did not help....  I'd rather not go back to Marshmallow but it's not looking good.  Can anyone shed some light on this.  thanks,

here is a screen shot of my battery drain from 100% charge down to 90% within 39min... with a 6 hour battery charge expectancy ( and that's with the phone just sitting there not being used or any other apps open/running.

15301280_10153893188921396_1538558031_n.png.jpg

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Moto Z Force battery grain after updating to Android 7.0 (Nougat)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GCORM76,

Updating your software should be making your device better not worse. It is alarming to see you are having this issue. If all it is showing is your Android system using up the battery life, we would then recommend making sure your device is all backed up & doing a factory reset. The reset can help rid your device of any "bugs/glitches" that may have come across with the update. The links below will show you how to backup & reset your device:

Cloud-> http://vz.to/1T98l0S

Reset-> http://vz.to/2gQhMWn

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

jvegh

I am noticing the same problem.  Battery detail shows most of the drain is coming from the Android system, too.  I googled it and this seems to have been an issue on lots of other phones with Nougat;  there were some "solutions" online but they haven't seemed to fix the issue.  (just google 'Nougat Battery Drain')

Any follow-up from VZW would be appreciated.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GCORM76,

Updating your software should be making your device better not worse. It is alarming to see you are having this issue. If all it is showing is your Android system using up the battery life, we would then recommend making sure your device is all backed up & doing a factory reset. The reset can help rid your device of any "bugs/glitches" that may have come across with the update. The links below will show you how to backup & reset your device:

Cloud-> http://vz.to/1T98l0S

Reset-> http://vz.to/2gQhMWn

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jvegh, we want to fix this issue on your device. Did you recently update the software on your phone? Have you downloaded 3rd party applications to your phone? If so, did you update the software for those downloaded applications in the Google Play Market?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

GCORM76
Enthusiast - Level 2

jvegh (Verizon Wireless Customer Support)

This is what worked:

* I backed up all my Data and performed a Factory Reset... this completely resolved my battery drain issue.

thanks again for the quick response.

0 Likes
GCORM76
Enthusiast - Level 2

Data backup and factory reset worked....  no more crazy battery drain.

thank you,

0 Likes