Moto Z Droid has power but turns off
JCSPDX
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the exact same issue as described in the thread: Moto Z Droid Battery IssueEven with plenty of batter left, even sometimes with 90%+ my phone will display it has zero power and turn off. sometimes no display and then it turns off. I plug it in, turn it on seconds later and the battery percentage is still very high. It is NOT draining the batter but "thinks" it is. 

I have factory reset the phone.  Within 5-10 minutes of completing this task, phone turned itself off. So, cannot be an App that did not come already installed on the phone.

I have walked through the Troubleshooting self help on this site.

I would like someone at Verizon to resolve this issue with my Moto Z Play Droid, Android 8.0.0. 

Phone is 2 years, 3 months old. Started two months ago.

0 Likes
Re: Moto Z Droid has power but turns off
JCSPDX
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update to my post. Today I worked with a Verizon agent. Factory reset is the only option to try to correct this issue and as that has already been done, there's nothing they can do. I did not purchase extra coverage/warranty so I'm out of luck. I am very careful with my electronics and knew that I would not do anything to break the device (drop it, get it wet, etc.) and fully expected that for the price the device would work for much longer than 2 years and four months. I see this as a Motorola issue, not Verizon. I am very, very disappointed. Seems to be built into the design, same as how Apple purposely has their older models acting up so consumers are forced to purchase a new one.  For now, especially under these world circumstances, as I am always at home I will continue to have my "mobile" phone continually plugged in from various places around the house. At least extra chargers haven't cost me too much. 🙂  

Good luck to anyone else with this issue.

0 Likes