Highlighted

Moto X (2013) recently updated to Lollipop reboots

I have a 2013 Moto X that recently received the update to Lollipop.    I have a periodic issue where the phone now freezes and shuts off.   I then need to reboot the phone.    While that is annoying enough, the phone then goes through optimization on all of the apps that I have installed.

The initial problem seems to be linked to bluetooth.    I have an original Moto 360 and an LG headphone connected.   Most recently I was trying to answer an incoming call when things went bad.   I couldn't answer the call.  I then tried to swipe away several apps.   Phone started ringing again.   Finally the phone shut down.   I had to hold the power button to get it restarted.   After it got through the Verizon screen, I then get into the screen that shows "Android is starting..."   Optimizing app # of ###.  

This optimization takes a while and definitely uses up a lot of battery.   Last time it took my phone from over 80% to down to 5%.   I'm here waiting on this optimization to complete to see where things stand.  

Any suggestions on how to pinpoint this issue and get it corrected?  Verizon Wireless Customer Support @motorola

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Moto X (2013) recently updated to Lollipop reboots

Community Manager
Community Manager

BD2015-

I certainly want you to have a working phone at all times specially after updating to a new software. Let's get some more details on this issue to help you find the best solution. Can you please clarify if the phone freezes or shuts off when you are using an application in particular? How about when using your wireless devices like the moto 360 or your bluetooth?  I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes