Moto X 1st gen. Lollipop
Eric_T01

Read an article today saying that 5.0 has been released for about five Motorola devices, including the Moto X 1st gen. I tried talking to Motorola to find out if this was valid or not. The guy I talked to said it is, but my phone has not received the update yet. Does anybody know when Verizon might push the update to my device?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Moto X 1st gen. Lollipop
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Lollipop update is also dependant of the carrier's testing approval process. While the global version of the phone might have the update, the Verizon Wireless model doesn't at this time.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I think you mean 5.1? Try Settings>System Update

0 Likes
Eric_T01

Any Lollipop update for that matter.Settings > About my phone > System update and it tells me that my device's software is up to date. Maybe try restarting my phone?

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I don't have the Moto X, but yes certainly try that. I'd even go as far as to remove the battery and sim card for a minute and then reinstall and power it back. Under System Update are you able to select something like "check for update"? Even though it says it's up to date it MAY find it that way.

0 Likes
Eric_T01

Restarting my phone didn't help and I have no app update for anything. Only one website has reported on this so is it even rolled out yet in the U.S.?

0 Likes
Eric_T01

'Check For Update' is where I would find the update, but nothing has come so far. :l I'm a little skeptical on the fact that is has been rolled out for carriers even.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

You could be right, the article I pulled up says it was from 5 hours ago so it could be that it just hasn't hit the system yet. It may just require a bit more time and hopefully it's not an issue with just you.

0 Likes
Eric_T01

Possibly. I guess since only one site has reported on it, I'm just going to say it's false and the update hasn't rolled out for the 1st gen. Moto X. Thanks for the help Smiley Happy

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Eric_T01,

Having the latest and greatest software updates on our devices is always a must! You can always check here to see what are the latest updates to roll out are: http://vz.to/1I12gii

ChristinaM_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Lollipop update is also dependant of the carrier's testing approval process. While the global version of the phone might have the update, the Verizon Wireless model doesn't at this time.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.