Moto Droid Razr deleted apps reappear after reboot
kfocht
Enthusiast - Level 2

Please help!  Every 5 seconds I'm getting error messages telling me another app or process has stopped working. I use Avast Mobile and AVG virus protection and no problems found.   I want to delete recent apps I've installed, but as soon as I restart my phone, the apps and deleted text messages reappear!  Also, apps that I updated are no longer updated after a restart.   I've gone to Settings/Apps, then cleared data and cache before uninstalling the apps.  I also deleted any icons remaining on my home screen.  The apps reappear after I start my phone.  I then tried uninstalling the apps from the Play store, via my phone, but after restarting my phone, the apps are back.  I've tried uninstalling them from https://play.google.com/apps and  I have a droid razr and am running Android 4.1.2 software.  Before I attempted the above deletes, I did the following:

I've gone to the backup and restore settings and unchecked the back up account and automatic restore.

I've gone to the account settings in my phone and turned off all sync options for all accounts.

What am I missing?  Yesterday, so many processes & apps stopped working, the phone feature wouldn't even work!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Moto Droid Razr deleted apps reappear after reboot
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try a system cache clear:

Power down phone

Hold volume up/down & power simultaneously until you see the Boot Mode Selection Menu

Use volume down to navigate to 'Recovery', use volume up to select

Should see screen with triangle and exclamation point next to an Android

Press volume up/down simultaneously to go into system recovery

Use volume rocker to navigate to 'wipe cache' and use power button to select

Once finished, use volume rocker to navigate to 'reboot system now' and use power button to select

See if this helps....

0 Likes
kfocht
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for the assist! unfortunately it didnt help. I've been trying to fix this for 24hrs, and nothing seems to help. I can't understand what I'm missing. Any other suggestions?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Suzy pointed out a Good Suggestion I use them At least twice a Month and they help when my phone is acting a bit off have you tried running your Razr in Safe Mode you might try that or if you haven't performed on in a while try a Factory Reset as it may be just what the phone is needing..  Good Luck b33

0 Likes
kfocht
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've tried safe mode with no luck, including performing a factory reset via the system/settings menu, and again via the menu suggested on the reply from SuzyQ.  I've even deleted my google and email accounts from the phone and made sure I was signed out of those accounts on my PC and other tablet.  I've made sure I don't have a Google Drive account and I've disabled any link or sync with Chrome   And STILL, my deleted apps, text messages & emails return as soon as I restart the phone.   So, how can deleted text messages, apps and emails return to my phone after I've deleted them????  I've been trying to solve this for 3 solid days now, and nothing has worked yet.

Please help!

Kathy

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Kathy i can Understand your Frustration:

As for the Apps you can't totally get rid of them but you can disable them!  On the text messages i usually try and clear my inbound and out-bound on both the phone and on the Online site).  Most of them they get the axe but sometimes i have some that linger on my phone.. i guess it's case i have to do some better house cleaning  "lol"  But usually doing Factory Rest has good affects but sometimes it can take more than one to get the stuff cleared and i when i done my last F.R. i cleared the system cache before running the Factory Reset one you can try if you decide to Run another F.R.

Try Performing the F.R. this Way Kathy:  This is Method i'v used in the past and not to long ago when doing my F.R.'s).

1. Uncheck "Back up my data" under Settings/Privacy

2. Click Factory Data Reset/Reset Phone

3. After reset is complete only Active Phone but do not input Google Email information

4.  Once phone is at homepage go back into Settings/Privacy and make sure  the Automatic Restore option is unchecked, even if grayed out, activate "Back up my data" and quickly disable "Automatic Restore"

5.  After being sure that the Automatic Restore option is off it will be  safe to log into Google and you can continue installing preferred apps  and custom settings.

0 Likes