Moto Display Issue- Droid Turbo
savannahh
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently got a droid turbo and it was working perfectly. I have the Moto Display turned on. It was working perfectly and when a notification came up, I would hold down on it and it would show me a short summary, such as the subject of the email. Now, the notification comes up but when I hold it down, the summary doesn't come up. It just shows a blank spot.

Any Ideas?

Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Moto Display Issue- Droid Turbo
mielli1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hopefully you see this before doing a hard reset of the device.....

You may have set the option "More Privacy - hide notification details when using any screen lock."

This will display the exact behavior you are describing when using a lock screen other than swipe. Including PIN, password, facial, etc.

In order to change this setting: from your homescreen, tap the app drawer> swipe through to find "Moto" and tap to open> Tap the Gear icon (settings) in the top-right corner> Tap Display> Untick the More Privacy option.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

savannahh It can be alarming when device functions change. Let's gather more details. To be clear, when did it stop functioning? Are other notifications impacted or just  email?

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
savannahh
Enthusiast - Level 1

It stopped functioning on Thursday the 12th? Somewhere right in there. It quit functioning on all notifications. I just used email as an example.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the clarification savannahh. Has there been any software updates since purchasing the phone? Was there any new applications downloaded right before this issue started happened? If you reboot the phone does it work for a while and then start having the issue again?

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
savannahh
Enthusiast - Level 1

It does not work at all. I tried clearing the cache partition with the Motorola Customer Support and that didn't work either. It just stopped working without any changes.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional information savannahh! You indicate performing a Wipe Cacha Partition with Motorola tech support, this is a step short of doing  factory reset. Did Motorola recommend doing a hard reset? If not, please try it http://vz.to/1uY6UBO and test. **Uncheck at step number 3 - very important**

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
mielli1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hopefully you see this before doing a hard reset of the device.....

You may have set the option "More Privacy - hide notification details when using any screen lock."

This will display the exact behavior you are describing when using a lock screen other than swipe. Including PIN, password, facial, etc.

In order to change this setting: from your homescreen, tap the app drawer> swipe through to find "Moto" and tap to open> Tap the Gear icon (settings) in the top-right corner> Tap Display> Untick the More Privacy option.

Hope this helps!

savannahh
Enthusiast - Level 1

I luckily did see it before I did a hard reset! One of the apps that I had installed had automatically checked that box and it grayed it out. I had not even seen it!

Thank you!mielli1

0 Likes
mielli1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Great, I'm glad that worked out for you!

0 Likes