More Droid 2 issues!
domretana

i first started with the original droid phone, it was an awesome phone and rarely gave me any issues of any kind besides a reset here and there which didnt really happen much,  only real issue i had with the original droid is that i would wear out the power button because i use my phone a lot through out the day.

i then moved up to the droid 2 global, all was fine but i think i started having problems around the time i did the gingerbread update i think.

issues im having are...

---texting lags

---when texting lags, i cant see the words that im texting but some vertical lines appear as i enter letters

---when texting, after every word i text it backs out a screen

---when texting the on screen keyboard minimizes random as i type.

---some of these issues happen with the slide out keyboard as well expect the on screen keyboard minimizing of course.

---some times i dont receive any text messages until battery is pulled out and put back in, after power up its like a flood of all the text messages i missed

---when calling out, it takes forever to connect.

---when calling out i cant hear anyone and they cant hear me.

---when getting an incoming call, its same issues.  cant be heard or cant hear.

---when getting an incoming call sometimes it doesnt ring.

---just yesterday (01-15-12) in the morning 2 hours after waking and removing it from desk dock, the phone heated up and drained the battery very rapidly, it refused to send out any of my out going text.  it kept telling me that my messages werent being sent.  soon after it stopped receiving text.  it would not make calls either.  i tried sending out ### to mark my bill but couldnt.  after attempting to reset my phone a number of times it finally ended up working ok.

every time i have called tech support i was told the same things.

---hard reset or pulling out the battery is only sometimes a temp fix but does not fix the issues

---performing a factory reset does not fix the issues

---clearing or not downloading apps does not fix the issues

---clearing catches and date is only a temp fix for some issues and does not fix anything

---reactivating the phone does not fix anything

---basically everything i was told to do i have done and done it various time with each replacement phone, nothing has fixed anything.

-this i think it my 4th replacement phone, ive lost count after all this frustration, all replacement phones that i have gotten have done the exact same things.  this is extremely frustrating and ive even considered dropping verizon all together because they dont seem to want to help me with getting a different model phone.  i love the droids because of the droid 1 i had but this droid 2, though nicer in design and certain features, has given me nothing but headaches.  im glad to see that im not the only one having problems with this phone because next time i call verizon and they tell me it was one of their best phones, ill point them out to these forums where countless of us appear to be having many of the same issues which might be software related.  i should be able to use my phone how i want with the features that were put in them, not be scared to download apps or use certain features worrying it will destroy it.  I'm waiting for the Droid 4.  i used to work in the cell phone business, i dont want to be one of those bad customers so im hoping this leap forward to the droid 4 will prove to be much better or i dont know what ill do, switch to apple?  switch provider?  come on verizon help me out here!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: More Droid 2 issues!
jm86

Hello. Yes! I have this same issue. I got my phone 12/2010, but then last November I started getting silence with both making calls and receiving calls although it appears the call is connected.  I know that the person on the receiving end when I call, does get the call but also hears silence.  It will work for a very brief time after I restart my phone, but pretty much anytime I go to make or answer a call, it happens.

I have been dealing with Verizon since December/January about this issue, for which they told me I was the only one having the issue and there was nothing on the forums that suggesting such a problem that other people were having.  Since this time, my phone has been replaced twice (received my third Droid 2 Global today) but the problem has already started up again.  I have spent hours today speaking with Verizon, who decided that I should do a factory reset, and if that didnt work to try a 4th Droid 2 Global phone!!!  Finally after I realized that other people were having the same problem on the verizon forums, they said that there is a Motorola software upgrade in the works, but I could switch to another phone at this time if I would rather.  Finally after endless hours and frustration with Verizon Customer Service, they gave me the option of switching to an LG Enlighten, Droid 3, Droid X2, or HTC Rhyme.

Good luck!

0 Likes