Mobile/personal hot spot
riczacdex

Recently added mobile hotspot to my services but it is not connecting me to Internet on my mobile device

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Mobile/personal hot spot
Trina71
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is your mobile device finding your phone and connecting? Your mobile device will have to find your phone and enter in the password that is set up for you or the one you made to make sure you device is connected. Once connected it should work.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Simply "adding it to services" doesn't make it active - you  need to go into the settings on your phone and turn on (activate) the hotspot.  Then on your wifi device, it should see your phone as an available wifi connection (you can change the broadcast name and the password if you want) and you need to enter the hotspot's password to get connected.

This only works if your phone has a good solid cellular signal, but I can attest that it does work, and quite well, in areas with no wifi but good cell signal.  I don't need to use my hotspot much but it has come in handy a few times!!

0 Likes
nicholas_g
Contributor - Level 3

Are you turning the hotspot on and trying to connect using the SSID and password specified?

0 Likes