Mobile hotspot no longer working
storm36

I have an unlimited prepaid plan for my Samsung Galaxy J3 Mission phone, my mobile hotspot was working fine until a week ago. I turn it on and my PC shows its connected to my phone and my phone shows that my PC is a connected device however the globe on my PC connection settings is not showing that the phone is connected to the internet. I can access the internet on my phone through the verizon network but not when using it as a mobile hotspot. I need to get this resolved as its the only way I can connect my PC to the internet which I need for accessing my work computer remotely. it just updated a security patch from 3/2020, I have turned the phone off and on multiple times but that doesn't seem to fix the issue.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Mobile hotspot no longer working
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You should verify if your prepaid unlimited plan has the mobile hotspot feature or not. It appears the most current version of that plan ($65 per month for prepaid unlimited) allows you to add the mobile hotspot feature for an additional $5 per month. 

https://www.verizon.com/prepaid/

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know being able to use your computer is just as important as being able to use your phone, storm36. Please try going to your phone settings and select General Management then tap Reset. Please reset the network settings for your phone and test out the hotspot after that.

ZakC_VZW

0 Likes
storm36

Hello ZacC,

Tried what you suggested and this did not correct the issue, I even restarted my phone after resetting the network settings so I have a feeling it may be time for a new phone.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You should verify if your prepaid unlimited plan has the mobile hotspot feature or not. It appears the most current version of that plan ($65 per month for prepaid unlimited) allows you to add the mobile hotspot feature for an additional $5 per month. 

https://www.verizon.com/prepaid/

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

What issues are you having with your Hotspot?

0 Likes
storm36

Thank you Ann154 that was the issue! I thought it was strange when I made my payment that it was only 65 instead of the normal 70. I wish there had been some kind of notification before my payment was due so I could have been aware my unlimited plan was changing and that mobile hotspot was now an additional feature that I would have to add to my plan. I added the mobile hotspot and I am now all set, everything works the way it should again.

0 Likes